Most Popular Online Casinos in Australia
Online casinos are booming, thanks largely to the outbreak of COVID-19. This is especially true in Australia, where the population always seems to be looking for something to gamble on.
Nearly one in twenty Aussies created a new gambling account in the last year. Among those, the most common were males from 18 to 34 years. Virtual pokies, while still successful, trailed behind sports betting and horse racing in overall popularity.
Meanwhile, the business at land-based casinos has suffered over the previous year. In fact, it continues an ongoing trend, as an increasing number of punters seem to prefer online gambling.
So which casinos and online pokies are the most popular in Australia? Well, thanks to a recent study released by Agile-Hatch.com, we now have a much better idea.
Sources of Data
Before we get to the list, I thought it only fair to provide a rundown of the sites used for gathering data. In addition to names, I’ve also included a short description for each.
- Alexa.com – Owned by Amazon, this service bills itself as “SEO and competitive analysis software.”
- Google API – Short for “application programming interfaces,” the APIs allow integration and communication with Google services. In this case, I assume Google Analytics was the most consulted offering from Google.
- Semrush – Used by everyone from Apple to IBM, Semrush provides tools for content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and competitor research.
- Similarweb – This site offers web analytics for businesses, including info on customers, traffic volume, demographics, and keyword analysis.
- Buzzsumo – This website is aimed at social media content creators. They analyze millions of posts, helping customers generate ideas and identify influencers.
Top Aussie Online Casinos
Based on the accumulated data, here are some of the most popular online casinos for Australians at the moment:
- Ignition – This online casino debuted in 2011, and they’ve worked hard to become a favorite among Aussie punters. They received 483,000 visitors from Oz in March of 2021, which is up from 422,000 in the previous year. Their high point came in May of 2020, when they coaxed in over one-million Australian gamblers. During the entire pandemic, they’ve increased their overall business by 13%.
- Joe Fortune – During the last year, this casino increased Aussie visits by 24% and doubled their social media exposure. 312,000 punters headed to the site in March of 2021, compared to 238,000 from the previous year. Their traffic peaked in April of 2020, when they welcomed 853,000 Australians through their virtual doors.
- Aussie Play – This relatively new casino has only been around since 2019. Still, they’ve managed to accomplish a lot, jumping from 137,000 to 253,000 visitors in the span of one year. That marks an impressive increase of 125%. They’ve also established a firm presence on sites such as Reddit, which is ideal for maintaining a virtual audience.
- Woo Casino – Established in 2018, Woo Casino experienced 37% growth in Australia thanks to the pandemic. Their user count peaked at 258,000 in October of 2020, and their social media presence exploded. I’m not surprised, as I’ve been touting their selection of games and customer service for quite some time.
- NicPokies – While NicPokies is smaller than the other sites on this list, it still managed to demonstrate impressive growth. They jumped 40% from March 2020 to March 2021, rising from 56,000 visitors to 93.000. Their peak came in April of 2020 with 420,000 players, and they’ve still got plenty of room to grow.
For more news and information from the world of gambling, please take a look at the following articles:
- Chinese Millionaire Sues SkyCity Adelaide
- No More Pokies for Geelong Cats
- NSW Considering Gambling Marshals