Online blackjack is one of the most popular casino card games in Australia. With the game being so easy to understand, there really is no wonder as to why so many Australians love playing this traditional table game. All players have to do is hope that they are dealt a hand with a better score than that of the dealer or other players, without going over the score of 21.
As real money online blackjack has proven to be so popular with Aussies in the online gambling space, we have decided to make a guide for new players who want to play online but are somewhat unsure. Here potential players will find out all they need to know about online blackjack, including how to play, the variations available and strategies.
Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
This is one of the most popular card games in the world, at land-based casinos and online casinos. This is a fast-paced game and may be one of the main reasons why it is as appealing as a way to try and make a quick buck. Single deck up to multi-deck (8-deck) blackjacks are the most common that you will find anywhere today. Other fun in-play features such as Side Bets, Doubling, Splitting and Insurance should be available. This can increase your chance of winning, or soften the load should you lose.
Australian online blackjack casinos allow Aussie gamblers to play this classic table game from the comfort of their own home. All players who decide to take a seat at the virtual table are guaranteed an amazing gaming experience filled with many great benefits.
Some such benefits include the following:
- Convenience – as was already implied, with the best online blackjack Australia sites, players are able to play this traditional gambling game wherever they like.
- Tons of Variations – when playing at land-based casinos, Aussies are limited to playing the variations available at the establishment, which often isn’t all that many. However, when playing online, gamblers get access to a wide range of the most popular blackjack games.
- Favourable House Edge – as mentioned on our top payout page, Australian casinos online tend to offer better RTP percentages than their land-based counterparts. This means you can expect some wins when playing online!
How to Play Online Blackjack
Many Australian gamblers want to know how to play blackjack, and thus we’ve created this easy to read guide to help players learn just that. Just follow the steps outlined below and you should be able to play any online blackjack for money variation.
- All the best online blackjack for money games begin with players placing a bet before any cards are dealt out.
- Two cards will then be dealt to all players (this includes the dealer.)
- Players will then calculate the value of their hand. (It is important to note that in online blackjack gambling each numbered card counts as its face value whereas picture cards count 10 points. The ace counts as either 1 or 10 points depending on the situation.)
- The player and the dealer must then decide whether they are going to hit or stand on their current hand of cards. (The blackjack variation being played may affect the rules surrounding this particular area of the game.)
- Overall, the aim of the game is to get a score of 21 with your hand (or, at the very least a score higher than the dealer and other players.) Thus, if the player has any such hand, they win the bet! If you end up with the same amount as the dealer, for example if you both have 19, the game will end in a draw, known as a push. You will therefore get your money back.
Online Blackjack Variations
If Aussies are going to hunt down the best online blackjack game available to them, it is important to know the different iteration of the game. Most online casinos have blackjack rooms starting from as low as AU$0.50 per hand up to AU$500 per hand and some games will offer single hand or multi-hand blackjack. This means that players can play up to five hands at once.
Below is a list of the most popular blackjack games available to Australian players:
- Atlantic City Blackjack – while all standard blackjack rules are used in this variation of the game, there are a few differences, such as when the dealer and players are made to stand. Overall, this variation of real online blackjack provides players with some of the best odds.
- Classic Blackjack – as the name may imply, this is the most traditional version of online blackjack. The reason some players may prefer this variation over Atlantic City Blackjack is that it allows for higher betting limits.
- Double Exposure Blackjack – in this variation, both the dealer’s and the player’s hands are exposed. This creates tension as the player is now aware of exactly how the outcome may turn out.
All these variations have more or less the same rules. You are playing against the house (the dealer). The Players are dealt two cards and the idea is to get as close to 21 as possible. This can be achieved with two cards. A King, Queen, and a Jack are worth 10 and an Ace can be worth a one or eleven, just as in real life. So, if you receive an Ace and any ten, you will have achieved a Natural blackjack and will receive your winnings.
You can stick/hold/stay with any number and depending on which game you are playing, the house rules say that a dealer must either stick on 16 or 17. There are strategies available to help you with your game. Some are more proven than others and this is called basic strategy, and can be applied to most blackjack varieties.
Online Blackjack Strategy
Quite honestly, there is no foolproof guide you can use to ensure that you win every online blackjack game you play. However, there are a few on strategies you can employ that may slightly work in reducing losses. Some such strategies include the following:
- As with all online games, be responsible with your bankroll, i.e. don’t go all in on one lousy bet. Yes, it is possible that you may win a great sum of money, but it is also very possible that you may end your gaming session prematurely.
- Ask the dealer for a hit if your hand total is between 12 and 16. If it is 17 or over, you may have better luck just sitting tight. Most blackjack games are won by knowing when to hit and when to stay; thus this simple rule may help make these periods easier.
- Surrender if you’ve got a lousy hand. It’s better to recoup half your bet than lose it all in a game that seemed ill-fated from the beginning.
- Never play under the influence. Drinking and gambling leads to players making stupid decisions that could lead to an entire bankroll being lost on situations that could’ve been easily avoided.
Live Dealer Online Blackjack
The thing about table games is that when you go to a land-based casino, you have to play them with other people. For many Aussies, this only works in creating an ambiance for the game, and thus they fear that playing blackjack online for money will not lead to an entertaining experience.
However, such players shouldn’t fear as the best Australian gambling sites offer the chance to play online blackjack live dealer games from the comfort of their own home. Play with other people
Play Free Online Blackjack Australia
Some AU players just seek to play blackjack online for fun rather than for real money. Such gamblers will be happy to know that it is completely possible to play free online blackjack AU games at all of our top-rated casinos.
We actually recommend playing online blackjack for free before playing for real money, just so that players can get a feel for the game in the online space.
Online Blackjack Real Money FAQs
Where can I play blackjack online Australia?
Australians can play blackjack online at any one of the casinos featured at the top of this page. We assure players that they will only ever receive the best experience while playing at these blackjack Australia online casinos. Read our online blackjack real money reviews of each of these casinos to find out more.
Can I play mobile online blackjack in Australia?
All the best online blackjack casinos allow Aussies to play the popular casino game on mobile devices. When signing up to a new casino, make sure to check that the platform is indeed compatible with mobile.
Where can I find out how to win at online blackjack?
Well, there really isn’t any discernible way to ensure that you win online blackjack games. There are a few strategies you can use to ensure a better online experience, which we have featured further up on this page.
Are there any online blackjack bonus offers available to Australians?
Each of the casinos featured on this page offers Aussie players lucrative bonus deals that will see hours of playing time added to their gaming session.
Is online blackjack card counting possible?
Fair online blackjack games make use of random-number generators, so it is virtually impossible to engage in card counting when playing them.
Can I play blackjack online free of any charge?
Indeed, you can! Most of Australia’s best online blackjack casinos allow players to gamble for free if desired.