Wolf Sierra Pokie Review
Wolf Sierra, the latest online pokie from Tom Horn Gaming, is a five-reel, 40-payline title. Set in the rugged Sierra Nevada mountain range, it features a Native American theme and payouts worth up to 2000x the player’s wager.
The level of volatility measures how often a pokie pays out, as well as how frequently big wins turn up. A medium volatility game is ideal, as it offers steady cash prizes. In addition, larger payouts have a decent chance of turning up close to one another.
The RTP, also known as “return to player,” measures a game’s long-term payout expectation. For example, a pokie with a 95% RTP will pay $95 for every $100 wagered (over the long term).
Wolf Sierra has an RTP of 95.9%. Rounding up, that would be 96%. That makes it about average for an online poker machine, but superior to most land-based games.
This game offers 11 betting options to players, and it’s perfect for those with small to medium bankrolls. The lowest option is $0.10 per spin, while the largest is $100.
Finding the Game
In order to play Wolf Sierra, you’ll need to locate a virtual casino that offers titles from Tom Horn Gaming. This is a small design firm in the grand scheme of things, but Aussie players do have several options to choose from. Among those, my favourite would have to be Johnny Kash, as they offer a wide range of games and superior customer service.
Wolf Sierra Paytable
This section provides an in-depth analysis of the Wolf Sierra paytable. In other words, you’ll be able to read about all the symbols and their respective payouts.
Instead of flat cash values, the payouts are listed as multiples of the player’s wager. For example, a 2x payout on a $20 wager would be worth $40.
- Nine, Ten, Jack, Queen – If you get a trio of any of these symbols, you’ll win 0.1x for three matches, 0.5x for four, and 2.5x for five.
- King and Ace – These are the game’s highest-ranking poker icons. When either is part of a winning line, it pays 0.1x for three matches, 1.5x for four, and 3x for five.
- Totem Pole – This type of Native American art details clan lineage, notable events, cultural beliefs, and much more. Depicting a bird-like creature at the top, this totem pole symbol pays 0.5x for three, 2.5x for four, and 5x for five.
- Bald Eagle – The national bird of the United States, this winged predator can be found from Mexico to Alaska. When part of a winning payline, it’s worth 1x for three matches, 2.5x for four, and 12.5x for five.
- Grey Wolf – Native to Eurasia and North America, this canine species dates back at least 810,000 years. It pays 2.5x for three matches, 5x for four, and 25x for five.
- Dreamcatcher – These handmade crafts are often hung over a child’s crib to act as a protective charm. While the dreamcatcher doesn’t provide a payout, it does serve as the game’s scatter symbol. Due to this fact, its presence allows the bonus round to be unlocked.
- Wild Wolf – Depicted as a white wolf, this canine serves as the game’s wild symbol. As such, it substitutes for all symbols except the scatter. The wild wolf also offers the following payouts: 5x for three matches, 25x for four, and 50x for five.
Like most pokies, this game offers a bonus round with free spins. To trigger the bonus, you’ll need to get three dreamcatchers on the second through fourth reels. When this occurs, the player receives five free spins.
Additional free spins can be earned. To accomplish this, you’ll need to get a scatter symbol anywhere on the reels. When this happens, you’ll earn an additional free spin for each scatter.
When a wild icon lands on the reels, it stays locked in place until the end of the bonus round. This is notable, as it greatly improves your chances of getting a payout.
Wolf Sierra is a solid-yet-unspectacular addition to the portfolio of Tom Horn Gaming. It’s available for mobile gamers, and it’s also supported on a number of browsers and platforms. The RTP and bonus round are decent, but it doesn’t offer anything that’s going to change the face of online gambling. Still, you can do a lot worse, so I suggest checking it out when you have time.
For even more Internet pokie reviews, please see the following: