Wild West Quest Pokie Review
The Old West lives on in numerous online pokies, and this is certainly true with Wild West Quest. It’s the latest virtual poker machine from GameArt, and it includes 243 win-ways and multiple bonus features. If you’d like to know more, feast your eyes on the following review.
Where to Find Wild West Quest
In order to play this online slot, you’ll need to find a casino that includes titles from GameArt. Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of choices available for Australian players. However, I can recommend Mucho Vegas. This colorful option is relatively new, but it offers a high-quality experience with games from NetEnt, Evolution, Microgaming, iSoftBet, and more.
Wagers and Bet Multipliers
Wild West Quest allows the player to choose from multiple betting options. In order to raise or lower your wager, just click the plus or minus button in the area labeled “Bet Multiplier.”
There are nine options to choose from, with bet multipliers ranging from $0.01 to $5. This results in a minimum bet of $0.50 and a maximum of $250. This should be adequate for players with a small to intermediate bankroll.
Wild West Quest Pay Table
In this section, we’ll take a look at the paytable for Wild West Quest. Keep in mind that payouts vary based on the player’s wager. In the following list, let’s assume a wager of $5 per spin.
- Spades and Diamonds – These poker suits pay $0.50 for three matches, $1 for four, and $1.50 for five.
- Clubs and Hearts – More poker suits. This time, they’re worth $1 for three matches, $1.50 for four, and $2 for five.
- Holstered Pistol – This icon represents a six-shooter nestled inside the holster on a gun belt. It pays $1 for three matches, $2 for four, and $2.50 for five.
- Cowboy Hat with Boots – This symbol depicts a cowboy hat resting on top of a pair of boots. It’s worth $2 for three matches, $2.50 for four, and $3 for five.
- Saddle – This icon depicts a saddle, just waiting to be thrown across the back of a powerful stallion. When part of a winning payline, it’s worth $2.50 for three matches, $3 for four, and $3.50 for five.
- Saloon Doors – The swinging double doors of a saloon are depicted by this symbol. It pays $3 for three matches, $3.50 for four, and $5 for five.
- Lawman – This grizzled lawman serves as the game’s scatter symbol. It pays 3x the total wager, but it only appears on reels one, three, and five. If three or more appear during the base game, it activates the Free Spins feature.
- Female Gunfighter – Lovely-yet-lethal, this Old West beauty is armed with a revolver. She also serves as the game’s wild icon, substituting for all symbols except the scatter and bandit.
- Bandit – This symbol doesn’t offer a payout, but six or more trigger the Bandit Respins feature.
At the top of the screen, you’ll see a list of available jackpots. These include mini, minor, major, and grand. Each jackpot is influenced by the size of the player’s current wager.
- If the player is betting $5 per spin, jackpots include $100 mini, $500 minor, $1000 major, and $5000 grand.
- When the player risks $100 per spin, jackpots include $2000 mini, $10,000 minor, $20,000 major, and $100,000 grand.
This feature activates when six or more Bandit symbols appear during a spin on the base game. The game’s normal symbols are replaced with Bandits, Prisoners, and empty spaces.
The player begins this phase with three respins. If a Bandit icon lands on the reels, then it transforms into a Prisoner symbol. At this point, they remain on the screen until all respins have been exhausted.
Each spin, the Prisoner icons display random values. These can be a dollar value, or they might be a mini, minor, or major jackpot. When additional Bandit symbols transform into Prisoners, two things happen.
- First, the total number of respins is reset to three.
- Second, the value of all Prisoner symbols is collected.
If the player manages to fill all 15 positions with Prisoner symbols, he or she will collect the grand jackpot.
This feature continues until either all respins have been depleted or the grand jackpot has been won. Obviously, the former is more likely to happen, but it never hurts to dream.
Free Spins Feature
This bonus feature triggers when three scatter symbols appear on the reels. The player earns nine free spins to begin with, and all minor symbols (heart, club, spade, diamond) are removed. If three or more scatters land on the reels, an additional three spins are awarded (this can happen an unlimited number of times).
After any win, the player can choose this option. To succeed, you’ll need to correctly guess the color of a face-down card (red or black). If correct, the player’s wager is doubled. As long as the player guesses correctly, this can be done up to five times in a row.
Wild West Quest features lots of ways to win, and the presence of multiple bonus features and jackpots is definitely a selling point. Unfortunately, you’re forced to rely on these options to turn a profit, as the basic paytable is unusually stingy. Still, it’s worth a try, especially if you’re partial to Old West movie icons such as John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
If you’re a fan of Old West video slots, take a look at these other reviews: