Wild West Gold Pokie Review
Wild West Gold is one of the newest pokies from Pragmatic Play. This 5-reel, 40-payline poker machine is filled with gunfighters, outlaws, six-guns, and beautiful saloon girls. If you’ve ever had a hankerin’ to explore the American Old West, then check out the following review.
Wild West Gold is a highly volatile poker machine. This means it pays out less often, but you’ll have a better chance of getting big wins close together. However, keep in mind that games with high volatility require both patience and a solid bankroll.
Return to Player
The return-to-player percentage, also known as RTP, expresses the average payback of an individual pokie. For example, a game with an RTP of 95% will pay back (on average) $95 for every $100 wagered.
The listed RTP for Wild West Gold is 96.51%. This is about average for a virtual poker machine.
Range of Wagers
The lowest possible wager on this game is $0.20 per spin. Meanwhile, the largest possible bet is $100. This makes Wild West Gold a versatile option, suitable for players of all financial situations.
Wild West Gold Pay Table
This section details the pay table for Wild West Gold. Payouts vary based on the player’s wager, and the following assume a bet of $20 per spin.
- Queen, Jack and Ten – These traditional poker ranks are worth $2 for 3 matches, $5 for 4, and $20 for 5.
- Ace and King – These highest-ranking poker ranks pay $3 for 3 matches, $6 for 4, and $30 for 5.
- Pistol in Holster – This icon represents a six-shooter and a holster filled with bullets. On a winning line, it pays $5 for 3 matches, $10 for 4, and $50 for 5.
- Bags of Gold – This representation of Old West wealth is worth $7 for 3 matches, $15 for 4, and $75 for 5.
- Saloon Girl – The lovely lady on this symbol can be found entertaining customers at the local watering hole. She pays $10 for 3 matches, $25 for 4, and $100 for 5.
- Cowgirl – Armed with a pistol and wearing a white hat, this feisty redhead is worth $15 for 3, $40 for 4, and $150 for 5.
- Outlaw – This character is easily identifiable as the game’s villain due to his black hat. He’s worth $25 for 3 matches, $75 for 4, and $250 for 5.
- Old West Hero – Dedicated to upholding law and order, this heroic gunfighter is worth $30 for 3, $100 for 4, and $400 for 5.
- Sheriff’s Badge – The tin star serves as the wild symbol and substitutes for everything except the scatter. It is located on reels 2 through 4, and it results in a multiplier of 2x, 3x, or 5x. If there’s more than one multiplier on a winning line, then all multipliers are added together.
- Scatter – This icon appears on reels 1, 3, and 5. If the symbol appears on all available reels, then the Free Spins Round is triggered.
Free Spins Round
As mentioned above, this bonus triggers when the scatter symbol appears on reels 1, 3, and 5. When this occurs, the player receives 8 bonus spins.
If a wild symbol turns up on reels 2, 3, or 4 during a free spin, it stays there for the rest of the bonus round. These sticky wilds also reveal a multiplier, and it remains until the round is over.
During this round, keep your eyes peeled for a golden badge. This is the scatter overlay symbol, and it can randomly appear on top of any other icon. This leads to the following rewards:
- 2 Badges = +4 bonus spins
- 3 Badges = +8 bonus spins
- 4 Badges = +12 bonus spins
- 5 Badges = +20 bonus spins
The maximum winnings for this round are 10,000x the initial wager. In the unlikely event that this limit is reached, the round immediately comes to an end.
There’s a nice surprise at the end of the bonus round. If the player’s winnings are less than 10x their triggering wager, they’ll receive a 10x bonus.
Wild West Gold is suitable for most players, regardless of the size of your bankroll. The high volatility can be taxing at times, but the lucrative free spins round makes it worth the wait. All things considered, it should make another solid addition to your list of options.
For more pokie reviews, be sure to read some of my other posts: