Wild Walker Pokie Review
People love movies and TV shows featuring zombies, so why should pokies be any different? Using this logic, the designers at Pragmatic Play whipped up an undead-themed poker machine and called it Wild Walker. It’s a 25-payline game with a 3×5 reel layout, but it can increase to 3×8 during the bonus round.
For more details on this game, please read the following review. And for even more pokies, check out the links at the end of this article.
Where to Play Wild Walker
In order to try this pokie, you’ll need to find an online casino offering titles from Pragmatic Play. For Aussie customers, options include 7 Reels Casino, Rich Casino, and Woo Casino. I suggest the latter, as they have superior customer service and games from multiple designers.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their games on a scale of one to five lightning bolts. Wild Walker boasts a five-bolt rating, meaning it’s the most volatile product offered by the company.
So what does that mean? Well, high volatility games pay out less often (on average), but they also provide a better chance to hit multiple big wins close together.
Return to Player
The return to player percentage (or RTP) measures the average payout of a pokie. For example, a machine with a 94% RTP would pay back $94 for every $100 wagered.
The RTP for Wild Walker is 96.55%. This is a notable amount, as it’s superior to most online pokies (and virtually all land-based slots). It can still vary in the short-term, of course, but the long-term prospects are excellent.
Range of Bets
There are more than a dozen betting options on this pokie. The lowest possible wager is $0.25, while the highest is $125.
The range of bets makes Wild Walker suitable for all players. This is especially true for punters with small to medium bankrolls.
Wild Walker Paytable
This section focuses on the Wild Walker paytable and values for winning combinations. Keep in mind that payouts change based on the punter’s wager, so bigger risks return bigger rewards.
In the examples below, I’m assuming a bet of $25 per spin.
- Poker Symbols – These are the symbols found on most poker machines: ace, king, queen, and jack. When part of a winning line, they pay $4 for three matches, $10 for four, $30 for five, $90 for six, $200 for seven, and $500 for eight.
- Test Tubes – This icon is worth $8 for three matches, $20 for four, $75 for five, $200 for six, $500 for seven, and $1,500 for eight.
- Injection Gun – Worth $10 for three matches, $30 for four, $120 for five, $300 for six, $900 for seven, and $2,000 for eight.
- Woman with Chainsaw – Wielding a bloody chainsaw, this female with glasses is worth $15 for three, $50 for four, $200 for five, $500 for six, $1,500 for seven, and $3,000 for eight.
- Scientist with Needle – This female scientist pays $20 for three matches, $75 for four, $300 for five, $900 for six, $2,000 for seven, and $5,000 for eight.
- Man with Gun – Ready to kill some zombies, this fellow pays $25 for three matches, $100 for four, $400 for five, $1,200 for six, $3,000 for seven, and $7,000 for eight.
- Crazed Scientist – This scientist has a crazed look in his eyes. He’s worth $30 for three matches, $150 for four, $500 for five, $1,500 for six, $4,500 for seven, and $10,000 for eight.
- Bonus – The bonus icon appears on all reels, but it doesn’t offer a monetary payout. It does, however, trigger the free spins feature.
- Expanded Wild – Each spin, this symbol covers an entire random reel. It substitutes for all icons except the bonus. It also offers payouts of $30 for three matches and $150 for four.
Progressive Free Spins
The free spins phase triggers when three or more bonus symbols appear on the reels during a single spin. When three bonus symbols turn up, the player receives eight free spins and starts at level one. When four bonus symbols appear, the player gets eight free spins and starts at level two.
During this feature, three additional reels appear. However, they are locked to begin the bonus round. If, however, you get three bonus symbols during the round, you’ll unlock an extra reel and receive two additional spins.
When a new reel unlocks, it reveals a never-seen-before expanded wild symbol. These all take the form of zombies, ranging from a doctor to a sexy woman with pigtails.
The four bonus levels include the following:
- Level One – Five reels with payouts up to five-of-a-kind. One expanded roaming wild.
- Level Two – Six reels with payouts up to six-of-a-kind. Expanded wild locked on reel one, plus another roaming expanded wild.
- Level Three – Seven reels with payouts up to seven-of-a-kind. Expanded wilds locked on reels one and two, plus another expanded roaming wild.
- Level Four – Eight reels with payouts up to eight-of-a-kind. Expanded wilds locked on reels one through three, plus an expanded roaming wild.
Once all reels have been unlocked, getting three or more bonus symbols still award an additional pair of spins. There’s no limit to how many spins can be earned in this fashion.
Wild Walker is a must-play for fans of zombies. For everyone else, it’s still recommended due to its high RTP, multi-level bonus feature, and generous base payouts.
For more poker machine reviews, please take a look at the following articles: