Wild Santa Pokie Review
Christmas is just over a week away, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by playing some online pokies. Luckily, most designers have a few holiday-themed games available, and Spinomenal is no exception.
Today’s entry is known as Wild Santa, and it’s a basic 5-reel pokie with 100 paylines. It’s available for all major browsers and platforms, as well as mobile.
Where to Find This Game
Wild Santa is available at any online casinos that carries Spinomenal games. Availability depends on where you live, but Aussie punters should check out Joe Fortune Casino. I’ve been using this casino for years, and I’ve always found them to be reliable and fair.
There are 100 paylines on this game. However, you don’t have to activate all of them.
Paylines are available in 10-line increments. The smallest option is 10, while the largest is 100.
If all 100 lines are active, the smallest wager is $1. Meanwhile, the largest possible option is $1,000. With 50 active lines, the minimum is $0.50 and the maximum is $500.
The range of bets makes Wild Santa ideal for players, regardless of their economic status. Even high rollers should be thrilled, as they can risk up to $1,000 per spin.
Return to Player
Return to player, commonly referred to as “RTP,” is a percentage that indicates a game’s long-term payback. While this number fluctuates a great deal in the short-term, it will always prove to be true after thousands of spins.
For example, a game with an RTP of 93% would pay back (on average) $93 for every $100 wagered. With online poker machines, anything over 96% should be considered desirable.
The RTP for Wild Santa is 96.1%. This puts it in the above-average category, so that’s definitely a mark in its favour.
Paytable for Wild Santa
This section provides a comprehensive rundown of the Wild Santa paytable. Please keep in mind that the payouts change based on your wager. For this example, let’s assume the player is making the maximum bet of $1,000 per spin.
- Christmas Stocking & Wrapped Present– Hung on the chimney with care, Christmas stockings are perfect for storing smaller holiday treats. And for larger gifts, there’s nothing better than a box covered with wrapping paper. When either icon is part of a winning line, it pays $50 for 3 matches, $150 for 4, and $500 for five.
- Holiday Bells & Pine Cone Decoration – Both of these symbols lend a festive spirit to the reels. When either lands on a payline, they pay $100 for 3 matches, $250 for 4, or $800 for 5.
- Gingerbread Man & Candy Canes – These holiday symbols are ideal for those with a sweet tooth. Either icon pays $200 for 3 matches, $500 for 4, and $1,000 for 5.
- Christmas Tree Ornament – This blue ornament would look perfect on a freshly-cut cedar tree. When it’s part of a winning payline, it’s worth $500 for 3 matches, $2,000 for 4, and $6,000 for 5.
- Santa Claus – This jolly Christmas elf serves as the game’s wild icon. That means it can substitute for all symbols except the scatter. When five wilds turn up on the reels, it’s worth an impressive $10,000.
- Christmas Wreath – Decorated with ribbons and balls, this is an ideal decoration for your front door. It pays $600 for 3 matches, $3,000 for 4, and $10,000 for 5.
- Golden Snowflake – This is the game’s scatter symbol, which means that it pays on any position. When it fills a winning line, it’s worth $2,000 for 3 matches, $25,000 for 4, and $250,000 for 5.
The Santa symbol is stacked, which means it’s comprised of multiple spaces. In fact, it takes up all four spaces on the reel if it lands in the middle. Since it’s also wild, this icon can generate some big wins on your behalf.
There are no bonus rounds for this game. No, not even the obligatory free spin round. This will no doubt be a turn-off for some, but the expansive betting range still makes it worth recommending.
For more reviews of Christmas-themed pokies, be sure to read the following:
- Vintage Christmas Pokies from Microgaming
- Sweet Bonanza Xmas Pokie Review
- Best Christmas Pokies from Microgaming