Wild Chapo Pokie Review
Wild Chapo is a western-themed pokie from the designers at Relax Gaming. In Mexico, “chapo” refers to someone of short stature, and the cigar-chomping title character certainly fits the bill. The game itself has 15 fixed paylines, as well as multiple bonus rounds and features. To learn more, please consult the following review.
Locating the Game
In order to play, you’ll first need to track down an online casino that offers pokies from Relax Gaming. Fortunately, Aussies have a number of options on this front, and I suggest giving Casino Chan or King Johnnie a try.
Choose Your Wager
Wild Chapo provides punters with 19 betting options. The least of these is worth $0.10 per spin, while the most expensive is $100. That’s a diverse range of wagers, making the game suitable for most players.
Return to Player
The return-to-player, or “RTP”, indicates the theoretical payout percentage of a pokie. For example, a game with a 93% RTP pays out an average of $93 for every $100 wagered. Of course, this amount varies over the short term, but it does hold true over thousands of spins.
Wild Chapo has an RTP of 96.36%. This is superior to most land-based pokies, but it’s about average when compared to online poker machines. Still, it’s good enough to keep it in the running when deciding which game to try next.
Wild Chapo Paytable
This section provides an in-depth look at the pokie’s paytable, including all symbols and their payouts. Just remember that changing your wager will also alter the prize, with larger bets resulting in bigger rewards. For the examples below, I’m using a wager of $20 per spin.
- Diamond, Club, Heart, and Spade – These poker symbols turn up on the reels of most games. Here, they’re worth $8 for three matches, $30 for four, and $80 for five.
- Chihuahua – This tiny dog appears both adorable and vicious. When part of a winning combo, he pays $20 for three matches, $80 for four, and $200 for five.
- Owl – It’s not often that you see an owl wearing a bandana. He pays $24 for three matches, $100 for four, and $300 for five.
- Donkey – Also wearing a bandana, and carrying lots of dynamite, this smirking donkey pays $30 for three matches, $150 for four, and $400 for five.
- Wild Chapo – The game’s title character is depicted as a Mexican outlaw wearing a sombrero and holding a stick of dynamite in his hand. When part of a winning line, he pays $40 for three matches, $200 for four, and $500 for five.
- Wild – This symbol takes the form of the latter “W” and substitutes for all other symbols. It’s worth $100 for three matches, $300 for four, and $800 for five.
In the base game, keep an eye out for the crate of TNT. When it appears, it will explode upwards and turn all symbols on that reel into wilds.
You’ll need three bonus symbols to trigger free spins. However, two bonus icons will also get you a little something in the way of the re-spin feature.
When this occurs, the pair of bonus symbols will convert to sticky wilds. Even better, landing additional wilds results in even more re-spins being awarded.
In order to trigger the game’s biggest feature, you’ll need to land three or more bonus symbols on the reels. This awards free spins based on the following:
- Three Bonus Symbols = Seven Free Spins
- Four Bonus Symbols = Nine Free Spins
- Five Bonus Symbols = Eleven Free Spins
The bonus can also be re-triggered. When you get three or more bonus icons during a free spin, you’ll receive an additional three complimentary spins.
As the spins play out, any bonus symbols are stored in the form of tiny bombs on the space where they appeared. On the final spin, these bombs explode and convert into multipliers. You’ll receive 1x for a single bomb, 2x for two bombs, etc. The triggering bonus symbols also count.
If you have a win line with a multiplier on multiple wilds, these multiply against each other. That’s where the winnings really start to add up.
Buying Free Spins
What if you want free spins but don’t want to wait for them to trigger? Thanks to this option, you can pay a flat fee (equal to 60x your wager) and trigger the bonus automatically.
The RTP is solid enough over the long haul, and the multiple bonus features should keep anyone’s attention. These factors make Wild Chapo an enjoyable option, and the colorful artwork and characters serve as icing on the cake.
For even more poker machine reviews, be sure to read the following articles: