Unicorn Reels Pokie Review
The mythical unicorn serves as the thematic focus for Unicorn Reels, one of the latest virtual poker machines from Wazdan. This five-reel, 10 payline pokie offers a maximum win of 1000x the player’s bet, as well as multiple special features. You can even adjust the volatility, which is something that’s commonplace on most Wazdan titles.
If you’d like to know more, please read my Unicorn Reels pokie review below. Once you’ve finished, you should have a much better idea of whether it’s right for you.
The RTP, which stands for “return to player,” is the average amount of a pokie’s expected payout. For example, if a game has an RTP of 95%, then you can expect to win back (on average) $95 for every $100 wagered.
Unicorn Reels has an RTP of 96.14%, which is average for an online pokie. Better options exist, but there’s no reason to skip it because of this number.
It should be noted, however, that 96.14% is superior to most land-based pokies. This is due to the increased amount of competition in the virtual marketplace, as customers aren’t stuck with playing at their local brick-and-mortar casino.
During gameplay, the customer can adjust the pokie’s volatility to match their preference. There are three options, and these include:
- Low Volatility – While big wins are few and far between, regular payouts occur quite frequently.
- Standard Volatility – This option includes a healthy mixture of regular and large payouts at respectable intervals.
- High Volatility – Regular wins don’t occur as frequently, but big payouts are more likely to come close together.
Where to Find It
Unicorn Reels is located at any online casino carrying Wazdan products. In the case of Australian punters, the most notable option is Woo Casino. I’ve been using them for a while now, and I’m always pleased by their consistent level of customer service.
There are 29 betting options on this game. The lowest is $0.10 per spin, while the highest is $100. This makes Unicorn Reels extremely flexible, and both low and high rollers should be able to enjoy it.
Unicorn Reels Paytable
The paytable, along with the RTP, is among the most important elements of a pokie. That’s because it lays out all the game’s symbols, as well as providing their corresponding payouts.
You should always keep in mind that adjusting your wager will alter the game’s payout. For the examples below, however, I’m using a bet of $30 per spin.
- Club – Pays $6 for three matches, $9 for four, and $15 for five.
- Diamond – Valued at $6 for three matches, $12 for four, and $30 for five.
- Heart – Worth $9 for three, $18 for four, and $45 for five.
- Spade – Pays $12 for three, $24 for four, and $60 for five.
- Purple Gem – Valued at $15 for three matches, $30 for four, and $90 for five.
- Orange Gem – Worth $18 for three matches, $45 for four, and $150 for five.
- Red Gem – Pays $24 for three, $75 for four, and $300 for five.
- Red Horseshoe – Valued at $30 for three, $120 for four, and $600 for five.
- Green Horseshoe – Worth $45 for three, $150 for four, and $900 for five.
- Yellow Horseshoe – Pays $60 for three, $300 for four, and $1200 for five.
- Unicorn – Five or more activate the bonus round.
- Scatter – Valued at $60 for three, $150 for four, and $600 for five. Unlike most pokies, getting three or more scatters doesn’t trigger a bonus.
- Wild – Worth $150 for three, $750 for four, and $3000 for five. Substitutes for all symbols except those deemed to be special.
Unicorn Jackpot Game
This bonus triggers when five or more unicorn symbols appear on the reels. The bonus is played on 25 reels, and all unicorns stick for the duration.
The game awards three re-spins at the start of the bonus. When a unicorn symbol lands, the counter is reset to three. When the re-spin counter reaches zero, the bonus round is over. The bonus round also ends if all spaces are covered with unicorn symbols.
At the end of the bonus, the player receives a payout for the number of unicorns appearing on the reels during this phase. Payouts depend on the player’s initial wager, but here are some examples using a $30 bet:
- Five – $300
- Six – $360
- Seven – $420
- Twenty-three – $14,400
- Twenty-four – $16,200
- Twenty-five – $30,000
Buy Bonus Round
Instead of waiting for the bonus to trigger, you can also pay money to activate it. Just click the shopping cart icon located to the left of the wager options. When you do, you’ll have two choices:
- Start with Five Unicorns on Reels (costs 40x wager)
- Begin with Ten Unicorns on Reels (costs 100x wager)
Double or Nothing
After a winning spin, you can attempt to double your money. To do so, you’ll need to choose between two gems. A correct guess leads to a bigger payout, while a miss costs the player their latest win.
You can keep betting as long as you’re successful. However, there’s a limit of seven times in a row.
This may seem tempting, but I suggest staying away from it. It’s a 50/50 chance every time, and the odds are bound to catch up with you eventually.
The Unicorn Jackpot Game is a lot of fun, and Wazdan offers a number of appealing options such as adjustable volatility. However, the RTP is average, which means your long-term profitability isn’t anything outstanding. You’d be better off finding a game with a superior return-to-player, although fans of unicorns and fantasy may be perfectly happy to give it a try.
For more pokie reviews, please see the following: