Taberna De Los Muertos Pokie Review
Taberna De Los Muertos (“Tavern of the Dead”) is the latest online pokie from Habanero. The theme is lifted from the Day of the Dead, which is a popular Mexican holiday that melds Aztec and Catholic traditions.
Finding Taberna De Los Muertos
This poker machine can be found at any virtual casino offering games from Habanero. If you happen to be an Australian punter, then I suggest options such as Kahuna and Johnny Kash.
When deciding on your wager, there are a couple of options to look at. The first is the Bet Level, which ranges from one to ten. Next is the value per coin, with options stretching from $0.01 to $20.
Overall, wagers range in value from $0.25 to a staggering $5000. This gives Taberna De Los Muertos a level of diversity not found in most games, making it ideal for low and high rollers alike.
Line Boost Games
Each spin starts with 25 available paylines. However, additional lines can be unlocked by winning (for a maximum of 101 lines). Here are a few examples:
- Getting a win on 7 through 19 paylines unlocks lines 26 to 40.
- Win on any 40 through 49 lines unlocks paylines 61 to 70.
- Winning on any 70+ number of paylines to unlock lines 91 – 101.
Taberna De Los Muertos Paytable
A pokie’s paytable lists the available symbols on the reels, as well as their values. However, these cash amounts change based on the player’s wager. For the purposes of this section, let’s assume that the player is risking $10 per spin.
- Spade – This decorative poker symbol pays $1.20 for three matches, $4 for four, and $30 for five.
- Club – This icon is worth $1.20 for three matches, $8 for four, and $40 for five.
- Diamond – Yet another poker icon, this one pays $2 for three matches, $12 for four, and $60 for five.
- Heart – This final poker symbol pays $2 for three matches, $16 for four, and $80 for five.
- Dice – These gambling implements pay $4 for three matches, $28 for four, and $120 for five.
- Taco – The taco symbol is valued at $6 for three matches, $48 for four, and $160 for five.
- Tequila – This Mexican drink is made from the blue agave plant. When part of a winning line, it pays $8 for three matches, $80 for four, and $200 for five.
- Pistol – This standard six-shot pistol is worth $10 for three matches, $100 for four, and $400 for five.
- Female Skeleton – Frequently referred to as “Catrina,” the lady skeleton with an ornate hat is the most common symbol for the Day of the Dead. This is also the game’s scatter, which pays $10 for three, $50 for four, and $1000 for five.
- Male Skeleton – This sombrero-wearing skeleton appears on reels two and four during the base game, and reels one, three and five during the Free Games Feature. As a wild, it substitutes for all symbols except for Catrina.
- Wild – Appearing during the Wild Feature, it substitutes for all symbols except Catrina. It also pays $10 for three matches, $100 for four, and $400 for five.
Free spins unlock when three or more Catrina symbols appear on the reels. These bonuses include:
- 3 Catrina Symbols = 10 Free Spins
- 4 Catrina Symbols = 20 Free Spins
- 5 Catrina Symbols = 40 Free Spins
During the free games, getting three or more Catrina symbols results in 10 additional spins. Best of all, the win amount during a free game phase can be doubled multiple times at random. This is definitely a feature that’s worth noting.
This special feature is triggered when the male and female skeleton symbols wind up adjacent on the reels. For each triggering combo, two wild symbols will appear on random icons (with the exception of the male skeleton and other wilds). If a wild symbol appears on top of a Catrina icon, it acts and pays as one of those symbols.
Taberna De Los Muertos is definitely different from most pokies, so the designers at Habanero deserve a lot of credit for that. Unlocking more paylines is a novel idea, and I love the significant jumps on the paytable. The overall theme and graphics are also appealing, making this an excellent choice during the fall months.
For even more pokie reviews, please see the following articles: