Sweet Bonanza Xmas Pokie Review
Everyone loves Christmas, and this seems especially true of the designers at Pragmatic Play. After all, how else can you explain a holiday-themed pokie like Sweet Bonanza Xmas? You’ll be surrounded by candy, fruit, and the distant laughter of Santa Claus. Whether you’re 18 or 80, this game is bound to get you in the holiday spirit.
With most pokies, winning combos are tallied up at the end of the spin. That’s also true of this game, but there’s a little twist to make things more interesting.
Once winning symbols have been paid, they disappear from the screen. The symbols above them drop down to fill the void, and new icons also tumble into view. This creates new winning opportunities, and the tumbling continues until there are no more wins to be had.
The player can select from two bet options. Each causes the game to offer a different experience. These include:
- 20x Multiplier – This is the default option. When active, the player has the ability to activate the Free Spins Bonus by paying 100x the total wager.
- 25x Multiplier – When the ability to purchase the Free Spins Bonus is disabled, the chances of getting it naturally are doubled. Also, extra scatter symbols are added to the reels.
The smallest possible wager is $0.20, while the largest is $100. This makes Sweet Bonanza Xmas a decent option for low rollers. However, those with more expensive tastes are likely to be unsatisfied.
If the 25x multiplier option is selected, the range of wagers changes. In that case, the smallest is $0.25 and the largest is $125.
Sights and Sounds
This pokie has a vibrant soundtrack and a colour scheme that jumps off the screen. The background depicts a winter wonderland, which may seem a bit odd for Aussies who celebrate Christmas during summer. If you listen close, you can also hear Santa laughing in the distance. That means all manner of prizes are just around the corner.
Where to Find It
In order to play this game, you’ll need to find an online casino that carries titles from Pragmatic Play. There are several available for Aussies, including Rich Casino, Tangiers, 7 Reels, and Winward. I prefer the latter, but the others are just as good.
Sweet Bonanza Xmas Paytable
In this section, we’ll look at the complete paytable for the Sweet Bonus Xmas pokie. You may notice that the range of winning symbols is larger than usual. This is due to the game’s unique tumble design, where symbols drop down to replace winning icons.
- Banana – A favourite of primates, this fruit pays $25 for eight or nine matches, $75 for ten or eleven, and $200 for twelve or more.
- Grapes – This cluster of grapes pays $40 for eight or nine matches, $90 for ten or eleven, and $400 for twelve or more.
- Watermelon – This symbol pays $50 for eight or nine matches, $100 for ten or eleven, and $500 for twelve or more.
- Plum – When part of a winning line, this icon is worth $80 for eight or nine matches, $120 for ten or eleven, and $800 for twelve or more.
- Apple – This delicious treat pays $100 for eight or nine matches, $150 for ten or eleven, and $1,000 for twelve or more.
- Blue Candy – This candy symbol is worth $150 for eight or nine matches, $200 for ten or eleven, and $1,200 for twelve or more.
- Green Candy – This icon pays $200 for eight or nine matches, $500 for ten or eleven, and $1,500 for twelve or more.
- Purple Candy – This cavity-causing symbol is worth $250 for eight or nine matches, $1,000 for ten or eleven, and $2,500 for twelve or more.
- Red Candy – Shaped like a heart, this candy icon pays $1,000 for eight or nine matches, $2,500 for ten or eleven, and $5,000 for twelve or more.
- Lollipop – This icon serves as the game’s scatter symbol. It pays on any position and is present on all reels. When part of a winning combo, it pays $300 for four matches, $500 for five, and $10,000 for six.
In order to activate this bonus, you’ll need to get four or more scatters anywhere on the screen. Or, if you just can’t wait, you can purchase the bonus outright.
When the bonus begins, you’ll receive 10 free spins. During this phase, you can also earn five additional spins by getting three or more scatters.
The multiplier symbol is a big help during free spins. Whenever it appears, it takes on a random multiplier value worth anywhere from 2x to 100x. This creates some massive paydays and it’s one of the game’s primary selling points.
Volatility and RTP
This is a medium volatility game, which means payouts come at a steady pace. They’re also varied, ranging from low to high cash values.
As for RTP, this is a measure of a pokie’s long-term expected payout. For example, a game with a 94% RTP would average a payout of $94 for every $100 wagered.
Sweet Bonanze Xmas has a maximum RTP of 96.51% and a minimum of 96.48%. Both of these amounts are average for a virtual poker machine.
If you’re in the mood for more poker machine reviews, be sure to read the following:
- Christmas Pokies from Microgaming
- Colossus Fruits Pokie Review
- Best Vegas-Themed Pokies
- 7 Best Vampire Pokies