Sweet Bonanza Pokie Review
Online gambling developer Pragmatic Play recently announced a new pokie. The game is titled Sweet Bonanza, and this article is devoted to providing an overview of its features.
Where Can You Find Pragmatic Play Games?
Pragmatic Play has won multiple gaming awards in recent years, and their star is definitely on the rise. The number of online casinos that support their titles is growing, but I suggest Winward Casino or 7Reels Casino.
The theme of this pokie is candy. If you enjoy tasty treats loaded with sugar, then it’s worth checking out (and it won’t give you cavities).
The available wagers accommodate a wide range of players. Frugal punters can play for as little as 0.20 per spin. High rollers, meanwhile, can risk up to 125.00 on each spin of the reels.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their pokies, and Sweet Bonanza is ranked in the medium range. Players should expect a steady stream of wins, with payouts hitting both ends of the spectrum.
Ante Bet Options
Players may select from two bet multiplier options during a given spin. The 20x multiplier allows the purchase of a free spins round, but you’ll need to pay 100x the total wager. The 25x multiplier doubles the odds for winning free spins, although you can no longer buy them.
This is certainly a welcome addition to the game. Most pokies force you to spin in order to unlock a bonus round, but now you can just purchase it.
After winning symbols are paid, they disappear from the screen. The remaining symbols fall to the bottom, and new icons are dropped in. This continues until no more winning combos are present. I like this feature a lot, as one win can suddenly become many.
In addition to buying the free spins bonus, you can get it the regular way. This is done by landing 4 or more scatters on the screen. You receive 10 bonus spins to start, but more can be earned with additional scatters.
Watch out for the bomb symbols, as they multiply wins from 2x to 100x during free spins. If two or more appear, their values are added together to determine the final multiplier.
Sweet Bonanza Pay Table
In this section, we’ll take a look at the game’s pay table. The version I played listed money in Euros, but I’m sure an AUD version is just around the corner.
Also, keep in mind that symbols pay anywhere on the screen. Unlike many pokies, you don’t need to get them in a row to win.
- Candy Hearts – In order to receive the top 100.00 payout, you’ll need to get 12 or more of these symbols. Even if you get 8 or 9, you’ll still be awarded a 20.00 win.
- Purple Candy – Twelve or more result in a 50.00 payout, while 10 to 11 pays 20.00. The lowest option comes with 8 or 9 symbols, and it’s worth 5.00.
- Green Candy – If you get the top combination of 12 or more, you can expect a 30.00 prize.
- Blue Candy – While the lowest payout is 3.00, the top option is worth 24.00 when 12 or more symbols are hit.
- Apple – The highest payout on this symbol is 20.00, which occurs when at least 12 identical icons appear on the reels.
- Plum – The most desirable payment for this symbol is 16.00, while the lowest is worth 1.60.
- Watermelon – Twelve or more of these symbols wins you 10.00.
- Grapes – This icon pays 8.00, 1.80, or 0.80, depending on how many turn up on the screen.
- Banana – The top payout for this symbol is 4.00, which comes when 12 or more appear on the screen.
- Lollipop – The oversized lollipop symbol acts as a scatter. It can be present on all reels, and it pays in any position. If you get 12 or more of these symbols, you’ll receive 200.00.
Sweet Bonanza RTP
RTP stands for “return to player,” and it measures how much a pokie pays back over time. If a game has an RTP of 97%, it should return 97.00 for every 100.00 wagered (on average).
The maximum listed RTP for Sweet Bonanza is 96.51%. I’d like this percentage to be a bit higher, but I’ve also seen far worse.
A Note on Autoplay
Most online pokies include an autoplay feature, so that in itself isn’t a big deal. However, the games from Pragmatic Play allow for both Quick and Turbo speeds, which is something I haven’t seen before. You can also choose multiple parameters for ending the feature, which is always a welcome addition.
The Final Verdict
I’m a big fan of the tumbling feature, as well as the opportunity to buy free spins. However, the RTP of Sweet Bonanza could be better, and the visuals are nothing to get excited about. It ultimately falls somewhere in the middle, but frequent players of AUD online casinos are still urged to give it a try.