Story of Medusa Pokie Review
Story of Medusa is the latest virtual pokie from Spinomenal. This 5-reel, 30-payline game borrows from the mythology of ancient Greece to tell the legend of the serpent-haired gorgon named Medusa. This post provides an overview of the game, from bonus rounds to paytable values.
There are 30 paylines in Story of Medusa, and each one is constantly active. The smallest per-line wager is $0.01, which equals a minimum bet of $0.30. The largest per-line wager is $10, for a maximum bet of $300. This results in an excellent range of options that should satisfy low and high-rollers alike.
The RTP, or return-to-player, is the theoretical payback percentage for a pokie. For example, a game with an RTP of 93% should pay an average of $93 for every $100 wagered. Story of Medusa boasts a return-to-player of 96.50%, which is slightly above average for online poker machines.
Story of Medusa Paytable
This section provides details on the paytable of Story of Medusa. The payouts depend on the size of the player’s wager, and the following prizes assume a bet of $1 per spin.
- Queen/Jack – These classic poker symbols both pay $10 for three matches, $20 for four, and $40 for five.
- Ace/King – More icons commonly associated with poker. This time, they pay $15 for three matches, $30 for four, and $60 for five.
- Temple of Athena/Petrified Man – According to some legends, Medusa was a beautiful mortal woman who gained the attention of Poseidon. The god of the sea raped her in a temple of Athena, and this greatly offended the goddess. However, Athena was mad at Medusa instead of her immortal uncle. As punishment, she gave Medusa the hair of snakes, as well as a visage so foul that it would turn anyone who gazed upon it to stone. Both of these icons pay $20 for three matches, $40 for four, and $80 for five.
- Athena/Perseus – Athena, the goddess who cursed Medusa, is depicted with her signature shield and owl. Perseus, the hero who eventually killed Medusa by cutting off her head, is shown wielding a sword. In either case, these symbols are worth $30 for three matches, $60 for four, and $120 for five.
- Medusa – The legendary gorgon pays $40 for three matches, $80 for four, and $150 for five.
- Wild Symbols – Some wilds look like golden shields, while others take the form of Poseidon. These substitute for all other icons except the Free Spin and Bonus symbols. If five wilds appear on a winning line, they’re worth 150x the bet per line.
Most symbols just take up one space on the reels. However, the game also has Mega Symbols available in the form of Athena, Perseus, and Medusa. These icons only appear on reels two thru four, and they measure either 2×2 or 3×3.
During the base game, watch out for stacked wilds in the form of golden shields. These appear at random on reels one and/or five, and their wild nature increases your chance of winning.
During the base game, one or more treasure chest icons may appear on the screen. When the chests open, you’ll instantly receive the amount of treasure contained within. There’s nothing fancy about this bonus, but it’s a great way to pick up extra cash.
Free Spins Bonus
You’ll need to get a Bonus symbol on both reels one and five to trigger this feature. When you do, you’ll automatically receive 10 free spins.
The free spins phase also comes with a Prize Box Feature. Each time the reels spin, the prize box spins and awards a different bonus (either multipliers or more free spins).
If you don’t want to wait for a Free Spins round, you can speed things up with the Buy Feature. You’ll be asked to set the size of the wager, and this will determine the cost of activation. Otherwise, it works just the same as hitting the bonus round normally.
Other Spinomenal Pokies
You can check out other Spinomenal pokies by reading the following reviews: