Stacked Pokie Review
Stacked is the latest online pokie release from BetSoft. The game has a stage magician theme, 20 fixed paylines, and lots of unique features. For more details, please read the following review.
Return to Player
I consider the RTP (“return to player”) to be the most important element of any poker machine. Why? Well, simply put, it provides the player with an overall idea of the game’s profit potential.
If, for example, a pokie has an RTP of 95%, then you can expect an average payout of $95 for every $100 wagered. Of course, this plays out over thousands of spin, and short-term profits will vary wildly.
The RTP for Stacked is 96.39%. That’s a respectable number for an online poker machine, and it’s definitely better than what you’ll find on land-based slots.
Stacked offers 11 different wagers to the player. The lowest of these is $0.20, while the highest is $150. That’s a decent range for an online poker machine, although extreme high rollers may still be disappointed.
Flipping Not Spinning
A 4×4 grid makes up the reels, which is smaller than most online pokies. Each space also has the appearance of a playing card, and they flip over instead of spinning.
While this doesn’t alter the overall function of the game, it does give it a unique appearance. It’s also in keeping with the pokie’s theme, which is a nice touch.
On any given spin, you may get a little help from the magician. He can nudge a reel up or down, which can mean the difference between a winning and losing spin. Sure, it doesn’t raise the existing RTP, but it’s still a neat little feature.
The helpful trick involves a random number of mystery cards appearing face-down on the reels. Once the round is complete, these cards flip over to reveal identical symbols.
Fix the Trick
Fix the Trick can appear on any round that doesn’t have a winning event or feature. When it occurs, the magician selects up to eight random symbols on the reels. Then, these symbols form a stack worth 3x the symbol’s value.
The mystery box symbol can be even more valuable. If it’s chosen, it delivers a payout equal to the highest value symbol.
The paytable provides a list of the pokie’s symbols, as well as their corresponding payout values. Just keep in mind that payouts change based on the player’s wager, so bigger risks result in larger rewards.
For the examples below, I’m assuming a wager of $25 per spin. This should provide a decent idea of what the game offers in terms of prizes.
- Club and Spade – Both of these poker suits are valued at $7.50 for three matches and $25 for four.
- Heart and Diamond – These poker suits are worth $12.50 for three matches and $30 for four.
- Rose – This lovely flower pays $25 for three matches and $75 for four.
- Rabbit – Known for being pulled out of a magician’s hat, the bunny is worth $25 for three matches and $100 for four.
- Chest with Chains – This symbol is a chest wrapped with chains and secured by padlocks. It pays $30 for three matches and $125 for four.
- Wand – This magician’s prop pays $50 for three matches and $500 for four.
- Tophat and Mystery Box – Both of these symbols are worth $62.50 for three matches and $625 for four. The mystery box is also wild and a scatter, and three or more award five free spins.
Free Spins Mode
This feature triggers when three or more mystery box symbols appear on the reels. When it occurs, the player gets five free spins. The deck also flips, and the reel spots turn upside down.
Before the spins take place, the player must select a certain number of locations on the reel. This number is equal to the number of wilds that triggered the bonus.
Once you’ve selected your locations, the game reveals their special functions. They can be any of the following:
- Spectacular Spins – The total number of free spins increases by two, three, or five.
- Magical Multiplier – This multiplier increases the player’s total bonus winnings by 2x, 3x, or 4x.
- Instant Win – After the bonus ends, the player receives a payout of 5x, 10x, or 20x their current wager.
- Prismatic Reel – This makes an entire reel wild throughout the bonus round.
Stacked is definitely worth a look, as it combines a solid RTP with lots of special features. There’s never a dull moment in the game, and the designers at BetSoft have done of great job of keeping things fresh. If you’re a fan of stage magic, then you may even want to move it up a notch or two on your list.
For more pokie reviews, I suggest clicking on the following links: