Spinosaurus Pokie Review
Human beings have always had an interest in dinosaurs, but their fascination reached an all-time high with the release of Jurassic Park in 1993. Now, dinosaur-themed merchandise is available in abundance, whether it’s books, video games, or toys. Even the pokie industry has got in on the act, such as the recent title from Booming Games known as Spinosaurus.
Where to Locate This Game
Spinosaurus can be found at any online casino that carries titles from Booming Games. If you’re an Aussie poker machine enthusiast, this includes sites such as PlayAmo and Johnny Kash. Either of these virtual casinos are solid options, as they offer numerous games and reliable customer service.
Range of Wagers
Spinosaurus has 20 paylines to wager on, and all of these are active during any given spin. There are a total of 13 betting options, with the lowest being $0.20 and the highest $200. This makes the game appropriate for players of all levels, and even high rollers should be satisfied.
The return-to-player percentage is an expression of the average payout offered by a specific pokie. This amount can fluctuate, but it always proves to be true over thousands of spins. The Spinosaurus RTP is listed as 95.53%, which means you can expect an average payback of $95.53 for every $100 wagered.
In this section, we’ll look at the complete paytable for the Spinosaurus poker machine. Keep in mind that payouts vary based on the player’s bet. For the examples below, assume that the punter is risking $20 per spin.
Symbols are categorized as minor and major. In keeping with the dinosaur theme, all the minor symbols are fossilized footprints of creatures depicted as major icons.
The following are the lower-paying symbols in the game:
- Triceratops Footprint – Pays $10 for three matches, $20 for four, and $50 for five.
- Velociraptor Footprint – This icon is worth $12 for three matches, $30 for four, and $75 for five.
- T-Rex Footprint – This symbol pays $15 for three matches, $40 for four, and $100 for five.
- Spinosaurus Footprint – Pays $20 for three matches, $50 for four, and $125 for five.
These are the higher-paying icons in the game:
- Triceratops – Its name means “three-horned face,” and that’s an appropriate description for this herbivore. The symbol pays $35 for three, $150 for four, and $400 for five.
- Velociraptor – Often known as “raptors,” these dinosaurs have enjoyed pop culture status due to the Jurassic Park film series. It pays $40 for three matches, $200 for four, and $600 for five.
- T-Rex – The most famous of all dinosaurs, this carnivore is worth $45 for three matches, $225 for four, and $800 for five.
- Spinosaurus – Among the largest of all carnivorous dinosaurs, the Spinosaurus is worth $50 for three matches, $250 for four, and $1000 for five.
These symbols are tied to special features found during gameplay:
- Wild – This icon takes the form of a dinosaur egg. It substitutes for all symbols except the scatter. If five of these turn up during a spin, the payout is $2500.
- Scatter – The volcano icon is the game’s scatter, and it also activates the free spins round. If fewer than three scatters appear on the reels, they function like a wild symbol.
Symbol Upgrade Feature
As mentioned above, all minor symbols are footprints of a major symbol dinosaur. When this feature is randomly triggered, anywhere from zero to 10 minor symbols are transformed into their major counterparts.
During any spin, a pterodactyl may randomly fly across the screen. When this happens, the prehistoric creature drops anywhere from zero to 15 wild symbols on the reels. Afterwards, the payout is calculated based on the presence of these new icons.
When scatter symbols appear on reels one, three, and five during the base game, the player receives eight to 12 free spins. Then, the bonus round is immediately resolved. During the bonus, the feature cannot be retriggered.
The RTP is slightly below average for an online poker machine, but it’s not enough to warrant exclusion. Besides, the free spins and random bonus features more than make up for it.
No matter the size of your bankroll, I suggest giving Spinosaurus a try. It’s a solid all-around title and yet another reason to celebrate the developers at Booming Games.
For more pokie reviews, please see the following: