Sea of Riches Pokie Review
Pirate-themed pokies have long been popular among online players, and iSoftBet has just released another such option. It’s called Sea of Riches, and it features hidden treasure, nautical monsters, and raging storms. If you’d like to learn more, keep reading for a complete review.
Instead of spinning reels, this pokie features cascading reels. Basically, symbols fall from the top of the screen, and winning symbols disappear to be replaced by new ones.
This game has eight wager options for players to choose from. Since there are 20 paylines, the lowest possible wager is $0.01 per line, which comes to $0.20 per spin. Meanwhile, the highest is $1 per line, for a maximum of $20 per spin. As you can see, these limitations make the game best-suited for low rollers.
Sea of Riches Paytable
Unlike most games, Sea of Riches allows winning combos comprised of anywhere from five to 15+ symbols. In the list below, I’ll give the highest and lowest options, assuming the maximum wager of $20 per spin. Please note, however, that changing the wager will also alter the payout amount.
- Bronze Coin – Pays $2 for five matches and $75 for 15+ matches.
- Green Coin – Worth $2 for five matches and $100 for 15+ matches.
- Copper Coin – Pays $2 for five matches and $200 for 15+ matches.
- Silver Coin – Worth $2 for five matches and $400 for 15+ matches.
- Gold Coin – Pays $10 for five matches and $600 for 15+ matches.
- Blue Gem – Worth $20 for five matches and $800 for 15+ matches.
- Green Gem – Pays $20 for five matches and $1000 for 15+ matches.
- Purple Gem – Worth $20 for five matches and $2000 for 15+ matches.
- Red Gem – Pays $20 for five matches and $3000 for 15+ matches.
- Wild – Can replace any symbol, except map pieces, to create winning combos.
Collecting Treasure Maps
To the right of the reels is a board where pieces of a treasure map can be fitted together. There are 25 pieces in all, and each one can be earned by getting the map-in-a-bottle symbol.
Completing the map allows the player to advance to level two. There are four levels in all, and each one has a unique wild modifier. These include:
- Level One – The wild kraken emerges from the sea and turns five to ten symbols wild.
- Two – A tornado turns three to nine symbols wild.
- Three – A massive whale’s tail splashes five wilds onto the reels.
- Four – A ghostly ship appears and adds two to five wild multipliers to the reels.
The captain’s compass is located on the upper right of the screen. It’s marked with four different levels, and each win charges the compass a specific amount. If the charge fills a level, then the corresponding compass modifier activates. These include:
- Rolling Rum – One to three barrels roll down the reels, transforming three to six vertical symbols into identical icons.
- Musket Mayhem – Anywhere from five to 12 symbols are shot and removed from the reels, allowing more to fall into their place.
- Cannon Blast – One to three cannonballs are fired, removing entire rows of symbols.
- Swarm O’ Parrots – A barrage of parrots attack the reels, removing 10 to 15 symbols in the process.
If the compass charges to the maximum, then the free spins bonus activates. Which leads us to…
Stormin’ Free Spins
This bonus activates when the compass is fully charged. Next, you’ll be asked to spin the captain’s wheel, which results in five to 15 free spins.
When a winning spin occurs, lightning strikes the compass and awards up to three bonus multipliers. The largest multiplier is 10x, so three of those would result in an impressive 30x payout.
Sea of Riches is an immense amount of fun, and there’s always something happening to grab your attention. Unfortunately, iSoftBet neglected to list the RTP on their site, but it’s so entertaining that I suggest giving it a try regardless.
For more poker machine reviews, please see the following: