Safari Sam 2 Pokie Review
Betsoft has just released a new virtual pokie, and it’s titled Safari Sam 2. Join Sam and Pam as they explore the wilds of Africa, encountering exotic animals and picking up significant cash prizes. To learn more about this five-reel, 50-payline pokie, please see the following review.
Return to Player
Also known as the “RTP,” the return-to-player percentage measures the long-term average payback of a pokie. For example, a game with a 93% RTP awards an average of $93 for every $100 wagered.
In the case of Safari Sam 2, the game’s RTP is 96.30%. This is about average for an online pokie, and it’s definitely superior to land-based options. Just keep in mind that this percentage will vary over the short term, so don’t expect this level of payback during every session.
Safari Sam 2 offers 11 different wager options. The lowest of these is $0.20 per spin, while the highest is worth $120. This range makes for a versatile poker machine, and everyone from low to high rollers can enjoy it.
When a reel winds up with three identical symbols, they fall away to make room for three more. While this feature isn’t likely to attract players on its own, it remains a nifty little addition.
Call of the Wild
On any given spin, the Call of the Wild can activate. When this occurs, compass wilds will cover up to four reels and boost your chances of a payout.
Safari Sam 2 Paytable
As you may have guessed, the paytable contains a list of all symbols and their accompanying payouts. However, it is important to note that payouts change in relation to the player’s wager.
For the values listed below, I’m assuming a player wager of $60 per spin.
- Jack – Valued at $15 for three matches, $30 for four, and $60 for five.
- Queen – This poker symbol pays $15 for three matches, $30 for four, and $75 for five.
- King – Yet another poker icon, this time worth $21 for three matches, $36 for four, and $75 for five.
- Ace – Valued at $21 for three matches, $36 for four, and $90 for five.
- Tent – This temporary safari dwelling pays $30 for three matches, $60 for four, and $150 for five.
- All-terrain Vehicle – Pays $30 for three matches, $60 for four, and $180 for five.
- Zebra – This African mainstay is worth $36 for three matches, $75 for four, and $210 for five.
- Lion – Worth $45 for three matches, $90 for four, and $240 for five.
- Safari Pam – Sam’s female counterpart pays $60 for three matches, $120 for four, and $480 for five.
- Safari Sam/Compass – Both of these symbols pay $75 for three matches, $150 for four, and $600 for five. The compass is also wild, substituting for all symbols except the scatter.
- Acacia Tree – This is the game’s scatter. When three or more of these turn up on the reels, the Free Spins mode is triggered.
Free Spins Mode
The number of free spins is based on how many acacia trees trigger the bonus. Here’s a list:
- Three Trees = 7 spins and $180
- Four Trees = 12 spins and $720
- Five Trees = 20 spins and $3000
If any safari stacks occur during the bonus, the symbols that drop down are guaranteed to be wilds. Also, the Call of the Wild occurs on every spin, with up to four reels being covered in wilds.
Safari Sam 2 is a worthy successor to the original game. It’s colorful, has an acceptable RTP, and is filled with various features to entertain players. You can find it at casinos such as House of Pokies and King Johnnie, so I suggest giving it a try.
More Pokie Reviews
If you enjoy reading pokie reviews, then you’re in luck. Just check out the following: