Release the Kraken Pokie Review
Release the Kraken is a 20-payline pokie from Pragmatic Play. Released in early 2020, it features an underwater theme with multiple bonuses. If you’d like to know more, please read the following review.
The minimum bet per spin is $0.20. Meanwhile, the maximum bet is $100. This makes Release the Kraken a fine option for low rollers. Those with bigger bankrolls, however, will probably want to look elsewhere.
Level of Volatility
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their games on a scale of one to five lightning bolts (with five being the highest). Release the Kraken has a rating of four.
This means the game pays out less often. However, the odds of hitting large wins within a short period of time are actually greater.
Return to Player
Return to player (or “RTP”) is expressed as a percentage and indicates the expected payback from a pokie. This percentage always holds true over the course of thousands of spins.
The RTP for Release the Kraken is listed at 96.5%. This is just a bit above average for an online pokie, which is always welcome news.
Release the Kraken Pay Table
This section examines the symbols and payouts for Release the Kraken. Of course, payouts vary depending on the size of your wager. For this section, let’s assume the player is risking the maximum wager of $100 per spin.
- Queen and Jack – These standard poker symbols are worth $25 for three matches, $50 for four and $400 for five.
- Ace and King – The highest available poker symbols pay $50 for three matches, $100 for four and $400 for five.
- Green Fish – When part of a winning line, this symbol is worth $100 for three matches, $300 for four and $500 for five.
- Blue Fish – This happy aquatic denizen pays $100 for three matches, $300 for four and $750 for five.
- Turtle – The green turtle symbol pays $200 for three matches, $400 for four and $1000 for five.
- Shark – This toothy fellow pays $200 for three matches, $500 for four and $1250 for five.
- Release the Kraken Logo – The primary symbol for the game pays $250 for three matches, $1000 for four and $2500 for five.
- Wild – This symbol substitutes for all symbols except the bonus icons. It is present on all reels. As part of a winning combo, it pays $250 for three matches, $1000 for four and $2500 for five.
Random Spin Features
During the base game, this feature can randomly appear during any spin. When this occurs, you’ll see three tentacles on the screen. Click on a tentacle to activate one of the following:
- Infectious Kraken Wilds – At least one of these wild symbols is guaranteed to land on the reels. It then turns adjacent symbols into wilds.
- Colossal Kraken Wilds – When the reels stop, an oversized 3×4 wild will appear on the reels.
- Kraken Locking Wilds – Treasure chests randomly appear on the screen. Prizes include additional spins, more wilds, and a 2x multiplier.
Sunken Treasure Bonus
To activate this bonus, you’ll need to get the ship bonus symbol on reels one and three. Also, the treasure chest bonus icon must appear on reel five. When this occurs, you’ll be able to select one of three chests.
If the chest contains treasure (a random money prize), then you get to pick again. If the Collect icon is revealed, then the bonus round ends.
Roaming Kraken Free Spins
This feature triggers when the bonus symbol lands on reels one and three, as well as the free spins icon on reel five. Next, you’ll be asked to select a chest to determine the number of free spins you’ll receive. The maximum number of possible spins is 12.
While the base game has 20 paylines, this number is increased to 40 for the free spins round. The win multiplier begins at 1x, but it increases by one each time a wild lands on the reels. The maximum possible multiplier is 10x.
The feature cannot be re-triggered. However, all wilds that appear stay in play and randomly move following each spin.
Release the Kraken is a decent option for low rollers due to its multiple bonuses and strong RTP. However, it does lack a huge jackpot, and the payouts on standard symbols are a little underwhelming. In general, though, it marks yet another quality release from Pragmatic Play.
For more poker machine reviews, please see the following: