Raging Reindeer Pokie Review
This iSoftBet pokie imagines Rudolph as a disgruntled alcoholic with anger management issues. Actually, the theme is a bit vague, but that’s the conclusion I reached from both the title and symbols. The game features six paylines, lots of colourful icons, and an impressive 4,096 ways to win.
Return to Player
The long-term expected payback of a pokie is known as the “return to player” (or RTP). This amount is expressed as a percentage, indicating how much you’ll receive back from a $100 wager. The RTP for Raging Reindeer is listed at 95.94%, which means (on average) you’ll get a return of $95.94 for every $100 bet.
So how does this compare to other holiday-themed pokies? Let’s take a look.
Raging Reindeer Paytable
In this section, we’ll be looking at the paytable for the Raging Reindeer pokie. Please keep in mind that payouts are expressed in coins. Also, all payouts are multiplied by the selected coin value. In the following examples, let’s assume a wager of $20 per spin.
- Ten and Nine – These are the lowest-valued poker symbols in the game. When part of a winning payline, they pay five coins for three matches, 10 for four, 30 for five, and 50 for six.
- Jack – This lone icon pays five coins for three matches, 15 for four, 40 for five, and 60 for six.
- Ace, King, and Queen – All three of these virtual poker icons offer the same payout. This includes seven coins for three matches, 25 for four, 50 for five, and 75 for six.
- Rabbit and Owl – The rabbit is playing a game of cards. Meanwhile, the owl is enjoying a margarita. Both symbols pay 15 coins for three matches, 35 for four, 75 for five, and 100 for six.
- Dogs – One dog is wearing a pair of outrageous sunglasses, while the other is wearing a bowtie and top hat. Both symbols pay 25 coins for three matches, 75 for four, 100 for five, and 125 for six.
- Rudolph – This angry reindeer is wearing a party hat and fake red nose. He pays 20 coins for two matches, 75 for three, 100 for four, 125 for five, and 150 for six.
- Wild – This icon can take the place of any symbol to form a winning line, with the exception of Rudolph. This symbol does not appear on reels one and six.
- Raging Reindeer Logo – When three or more of these turn up on the reels, the player earns from eight to 50 jingle spins.
You must get three or more Raging Reindeer symbols in order to earn jingle spins. During these spins, any wilds that are part of a winning combination count as two or three wilds on their respective reels.
Rudolph symbols, and wilds that substitute for them, pay as winning combinations even on non-adjacent reels.
This feature can also be re-triggered. In order to do so, you’ll need to get two or more Raging Reindeer symbols during a spin. When this occurs, you’ll earn anywhere from two to 50 additional spins.
Where to Find Raging Reindeer
This pokie is available from all online casinos carrying the iSoftBet product line. If you’re an Aussie punter, the best available option is Joe Fortune. This virtual establishment has been around for years, and they’ve developed a fine reputation for fairness.
Raging Reindeer isn’t the most innovative pokie I’ve encountered, although it’s still a fun option for the holidays. The lack of bonus rounds is disappointing, but the jingle spins can result in a rapid accumulation of winnings. The 95.94% RTP is slightly below average, though it’s still within an acceptable range.
I would’ve also enjoyed some additional backstory to help flesh out the game’s theme. As it stands, the player has to fill in the blanks with their own exposition.
Despite these drawbacks, I’m adding Raging Reindeer to my current rotation of pokies…at least through the end of the year.