Poseidon’s Rising Pokie Review
In Greek mythology, Poseidon was the god of horses, storms, earthquakes, and the sea. Now, thanks to the designers at Spinomenal, you can insert yourself into an age of myth and legend with the online pokie called Poseidon’s Rising.
This poker machine has 50 paylines, a free spins bonus, and rising, shifting, and expanding wilds. For more details, please see the following review.
Also referred to as “return to player,” this percentage indicates the average long-term payback of a poker machine. For example, let’s assume a pokie has an RTP of 95%. That means, over thousands of spins, it will pay an average of $95 for every $100 wagered.
Poseidon’s Rising has an RTP of 96.1%. That’s about normal for an online pokie, and it’s better than what you can expect to find at a land-based casino.
This game offers 11 different options for betting. That’s a lot less than most games, although it should still be sufficient.
The smallest possible bet is $0.01, while the largest is $500. That’s a diverse range of options, making this game well-suited for bankrolls of all sizes.
Finding the Game
If you feel like giving Poseidon’s Rising a try, you’ll first have to locate the online pokie. Luckily, this can be accomplished by finding a virtual casino that carries titles from Spinomenal.
For Aussie punters, some of your casino options include Joe Fortune and King Johnnie. I’ve grown especially fond of the latter in recent months, mainly due to their stellar customer service department.
This feature allows the player to buy and trigger a Free Spins bonus. The cost of doing so is equal to 40x the player’s wager.
While this might sound good to some, I suggest avoiding it. It’s just another way for the casino to whittle down your bankroll.
Poseidon’s Rising Pay Table
This section lists the game’s symbols and their values. Please note that payouts change to reflect the player’s wager. The figures below are based on a wager of $25 per spin.
- Ten – Worth $5 for three matches, $10 for four, and $30 for five.
- Jack – Pays $5 for three matches, $10 for four, and $40 for five.
- Queen – Valued at $10 for three matches, $20 for four, and $50 for five.
- King – Worth $10 for three matches, $20 for four, and $60 for five.
- Ace – Pays $15 for three matches, $25 for four, and $70 for five.
- Giant Octopus – This massive sea creature is worth $20 for three matches, $40 for four, and $100 for five.
- Giant Serpent – Also known as a “kraken,” this underwater terror pays $20 for three, $45 for four, and $200 for five.
- Nymph – This beautiful redhead is valued at $25 for three, $50 for four, and $400 for five.
- Siren – Known for singing that calls men to their doom, the sultry siren is worth $30 for three, $55 for four, and $500 for five.
- Bonus – When three of these symbols appear, the Free Spins bonus activates. This icon only appears during the base game on reels one, three, and five.
- Wild – Substitutes for any symbol except the bonus. If five wilds land on a payline, the payout is worth 1000x the wager.
Poseidon’s Rising Feature
The stacked wild Poseidon symbol can land randomly during the base game. This only applies to the third reel, and it triggers the bonus feature.
The game then enters a re-spin mode, with the Poseidon symbol moving one space upwards with each spin. The feature ends when no part of the wild symbol is visible.
Depending on the starting position of the Poseidon icon, anywhere from one to five re-spins can be triggered.
Free Spins Journey
There are four options for free spins, and the player activates them in order. This bonus triggers when three bonus/scatter symbols appear on the reels. They include:
- Winning Symbols Re-spin – In this mode, any winning combo triggers a re-spin. All winning combos stay in place, while non-winning symbols are removed. Re-spins continue until no new winning combinations are generated.
- Shifting Wild – A stacked serpent wild begins on the first reel. After each losing spin, it moves one reel to the right. Each winning spin results in a re-spin, with the serpent staying in place.
- Expanding Wilds – If a wild lands, it expands to fill the entire reel. The Poseidon wild isn’t available during this phase, and the stacked nymph icon becomes wild.
- Extra Wilds – A sticky siren wild symbol appears on the second row of the third reel and remains there for the duration of the bonus. Two to six wilds also appear at random during each spin.
Poseidon’s Rising is one of the better Spinomenal pokies to come along in years. The RTP is solid, and I love the multi-tiered design of the free spin bonus. On top of all that, there’s also the special feature that appears randomly to add excitement to the base game.
If you’re looking for a fun game with amazing artwork and the potential for non-stop action, then I suggest giving this one a try.
For even more pokie reviews, please take the time to look at the following