Penny Fruits Pokie Review
Penny Fruits is the latest pokie release from the designers at Spinomenal. At first glance, it appears to be an old-school game lacking any sort of bells or whistles. That’s a bit deceiving, though, as this pokie offers the largest range of wagers that I’ve ever encountered online.
For those who regularly play the company’s games, you’ll notice a number of similarities between this and 40 Lucky Fruits. That’s because both were released by the same company within a month of one another. If you enjoyed the one, you’re bound to like the other.
Penny Fruits can be found at any online casino offering titles from Spinomenal. For Australian gamblers, I suggest Joe Fortune Casino and their vast selection of games.
If the minimum of 10 lines are activated, then the play may wager anywhere from $0.10 to $100 per spin. However, this changes dramatically as more lines are activated. When the maximum of 100 lines are played, the wager ranges from $1 to $1,000. It’s rare to see a pokie that accommodates both high rollers and players on a budget, but Penny Fruits certainly qualifies.
The largest available jackpot on Penny Fruits is a staggering $3 million. This will be covered in the pay table section, but I wanted to go ahead and mention it now. It’s rare to find an old-school virtual pokie that offers this kind of payout, so it’s worth noting.
Penny Fruits has a whopping 100 paylines, so it’s actually hard NOT to get a winning spin. Starting with the leftmost reel, all symbols pay from left to right. If two or more wins occur on the same line, only the highest one is paid. Each win is multiplied by bet per line to determine the payout.
With many of the game’s symbols, playing fewer paylines actually results in a larger payout. However, this isn’t always true. To win the largest possible jackpot, you’ll need to make the maximum bet and play all lines. When in doubt, check the pay table for details.
Return to Player
The RTP for Penny Fruits is 96.3%. In case you’re wondering how this compares to other virtual pokies, let’s do a bit of comparison:
Penny Fruits Pay Table
This section provides a look at the pay table for Penny Fruits. While not complete, I have provided payout amount for both $1 and $1,000 wagers. Let’s assume that the player has activated the maximum of 100 paylines.
- Wild – The wild symbol substitutes for all other icons except the scatter. On a $1 wager, the payouts are $1 for three matches, $3 for four, $10 for five, and $30 for six. If the wild appears on every space on the reels, it’s worth $3,000. On the maximum $1,000 bet, payouts include $1,000 for three matches, $3,000 for four, $10,000 for five, and $30,000 for six. When the wild appears on every space, the jackpot pays a life-changing $3 million.
- Scatter – The scatter symbol pays on any position. For a $1 wager, payouts include $2 for three matches, $10 for four, $250 for five, and $500 for six. A $1,000 bet pays $2,000 for three matches, $10,000 for four, $250,000 for five, and $500,000 for six.
- Watermelon – On a $1 wager, this massive fruit pays $0.40 for three matches, $1 for four, $2.50 for five, and $8 for six. A $1,000 wager pays $400 for three matches, $1,000 for four, $2,500 for five, and $8,000 for six.
- Grapes & Plums – For a $1 bet, either of these purplish fruits pay $0.20 for three matches, $0.40 for four, $2 for five, and $4 for six. For a $1,000 bet, payouts are $200 for three matches, $400 for four, $2,000 for five, and $4,000 for six.
- Oranges & Lemons – If the player risks $1, each of these fruits pays $0.10 for 3 matches, $0.20 for 4, $0.70 for 5, and $1.40 for 6. However, a $1,000 wager increases the amount to $100 for three matches, $200 for four, $700 for five, and $1,400 for six.
- Cherries – On a $1 bet, this classic pokie icon pays $0.06 for three matches, $0.10 for four, $0.30 for five, and $1 for six. Risk $1,000 to see the payouts change to $60 for three, $100 for four, $300 for five, and $1,000 for six.
There are no bonus rounds in this game. However, I think the potential for a $3 million jackpot makes up for that.
Penny Fruits has a higher RTP than most of the pokies I’ve reviewed. In addition, the max bet of $1,000 and the $3 million jackpot blow most games out of the water. Sure, the lack of bonus rounds is disappointing, but the diversity and huge paydays more than make up for that. If you’ve got money to burn, I highly recommend that you try this game.