Peaky Blinders Pokie Review
Peaky Blinders is a British series set directly after World War One. It follows the ups and downs of the Birmingham-based Shelby crime family, featuring big-screen performers such as Cillian Murphy, Helen McCrory, Sam Neill, and Tom Hardy.
Now, thanks to the designers at Pragmatic Play, it’s also a poker machine. Many of the characters and familiar symbols are included, as well as an instrumental version of the show’s theme (“Red Right Hand” by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds).
Finding the Game
To experience the Peaky Blinders poker machine, you’ll need to locate an online casino that carries titles from Pragmatic Play. If you live in Australia, I suggest a quality option such as Woo Casino or Rich Casino.
Return to Player
Each poker machine has a percentage known as the return-to-player (or “RTP”). This indicates the game’s average payback over thousands of spins. For example, an RTP of 94% means a payout of $94 for every $100 wager.
Peaky Blinders lists its RTP at 96.5%. That means a payback of $96.50 for every $100 wagered, which is better than the average online game.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their pokies on a scale of one to five. Peaky Blinders has a rating of four, which means wins don’t come in quick succession. However, big wins may appear more frequently, which means it’s an ideal poker machine for risk takers.
You can bet from one to ten coins per line. Each coin can range in value from $0.01 to $0.50.
Since there are 20 fixed lines, the minimum wager is $0.20 and the maximum is $100. That’s a decent range for most punters, although some high rollers may want to look for more lucrative gaming options.
Peaky Blinders Paytable
This section discusses the various symbols found on the Peaky Blinders poker machine. The value for each symbol changes based on the size of the player’s wager. For the following examples, let’s assume a wager of $30 per spin.
- Ten, Jack, Queen – These lowly poker symbols pay $6 for three matches, $15 for four, and $60 for five.
- King and Ace – The highest poker symbols, the king and ace are worth $12 for three matches, $30 for four, and $120 for five.
- Michael Gray – The son of Polly Gray and the cousin of Tommy Shelby. Served as the Chief Accountant for Shelby Company Limited. Played by actor Finn Cole. Pays $15 for three matches, $60 for four, and $150 for five.
- Polly Gray – The treasurer of the Peaky Blinders and the aunt of Tommy Shelby and his siblings. Played by actress Helen McCrory. Pays $22.50 for three matches, $75 for four, and $225 for five.
- Arthur Shelby Jr. – The eldest member of the Shelby siblings. Played by actor Paul Anderson. Pays $30 for three matches, $150 for four, and $450 for five.
- Tommy Shelby – The show’s main character and leader of the Peaky Blinders crime family. Played by actor Cillian Murphy. Pays $75 for three matches, $300 for four, and $600 for five.
- Wild – This icon appears on all reels and substitutes for all symbols (except the bonus icons). When part of a winning line, it pays $75 for three matches, $300 for four, and $600 for five.
- Bonus – This bonus symbol appears on reels one and three. If it hits in conjunction with one of the other bonus symbols, then the free spins feature becomes active.
Random Spin Features
During any spin of the base game, one of four random features can be activated. These include the following:
- Shelby Betting Shop – The Shelby Betting Shop bonus symbol only appears on reel five. When this occurs, the feature activates. All character symbols on the screen receive a direct money award. For example, all Tommy Shelby icons might receive $90.
- By Order of the Peaky Blinders – This icon is only available on the fifth reel. When the bonus is triggered, all character symbols and wilds remain in place while a respin activates. Afterwards, all characters and wilds transform into the same random character symbol to determine paylines.
- Shelby Betting Shop Free Spins – This bonus triggers when the Shelby Betting Shop icon lands on reel five, along with Peaky Blinders Bonus symbols on reels one and three. The player gets eight free spins, and the bonus can’t be retriggered. The Shelby Betting Shop icon turns up on reel five, so expect it to activate at least a few times.
- By Order of the Peaky Blinders Free Spins – The player receives 10 free spins when Peaky Blinders Bonus symbols land on reels one and three, along with a By Order of the Peaky Blinders icon on reel five. The By Order of the Peaky Blinders symbol turns up regularly on reel five, which activates the additional bonus feature.
This pokie is an absolute must for fans of the Peaky Blinders show. Even if you’ve never watched the series, it’s still a game worth trying.
I was impressed with the high RTP, and the range of wagers is suitable for most players. The payouts are generous, and the random spin features can quickly elevate your winnings. Best of all, you don’t have to lead a life of crime to enjoy generous paydays.
For more online pokie reviews, please see the following: