Nights of Egypt – New Pokie of the Week
Jump into your time machine and journey back to hallowed antiquity. The Nights of Egypt pokie was designed by Spinomenal, and it includes a number of bonus features. If this theme sounds interesting, continue reading for a review of the game.
Where to Play Nights of Egypt
The Nights of Egypt pokie can be found at any online casino running software from Spinomenal. While other options certainly exist, I suggest Joe Fortune Casino. In addition to games from Spinomenal, they offer titles from Rival, iSoftBet, RTG, and Microgaming.
Paylines and Wagers
There are 25 paylines in the game, and you must wager on each of them. The lowest possible bet is $0.01, which results in a $0.25 spin. Other bets per line include $0.02, $0.05, $0.10, $0.30, $0.50, $1, $2, $5, and $10. The largest possible wager is $250 per spin.
Nights of Egypt Pay Table
This section lists the available symbols and possible values in Nights of Egypt. Payouts are based on the number of symbols and the number of paylines. Also, each double icon counts as two single symbols for winning combos.
In order to receive a payout, you’ll need three to 10 of the following symbols on a valid payline:
- 10 and Jack – These poker symbols pay $5 per line with three matches. They pay a maximum of $80 per line for 10 matches.
- King and Queen – Three matches pay $8 per winning payline. The top prize of 10 matches pays $100 per line.
- Ace – If you get three symbols, you’ll win $12 per line. Ten symbols are worth $120 for each winning line that’s involved.
- Ankh – This symbol was used in ancient Egypt to represent life. It’s worth $14 per line for three matches. If you get 10 symbols, you’ll receive $200 for each line.
- Golden Cobra – Three matches are worth $16 per line. The maximum of 10 matches is worth $220 per each winning line.
- Cat Statue – This is a statue of Bastet, an Egyptian goddess who took the form of a cat. Three matches pay $18 per winning line. Ten matches pay $260 per line.
- Scarab – This ancient Egyptian gem is worth $20 per line for three matches. If you get the maximum of 10 matches, you’ll receive $300 for each payline involved.
Free Spins Feature
This feature activates when you get three or more free spin symbols on the reels. First, you’ll spin a wheel to win anywhere from 10 to 40 free spins. One of the game’s symbols is also chosen to remain doubled throughout this feature.
To trigger this feature, get three or more scatter symbols on the main reels. You’ll then be taken to a special screen and be rewarded with five spins. Collect scatter symbols to fill a meter and increase your winnings. You can also win additional spins during this round. Once all spins have been used, you’ll receive a payout based on the current level of the meter.
What if you don’t want to wait until the free spins round is triggered? With this option, you can just pay to activate it.
First, modify the wager with which you’ll play the free spins round. The amount of your bet will determine the cost of the buy feature. Once you’re finished, click the buy button to activate the free spins.
Nights of Egypt also features stacked wilds that appear at random. As you might imagine, these greatly enhance your chances of winning. Even better, this symbol depicts the lovely Cleopatra.
Only Double Symbols
This randomly triggered feature causes all symbols to turn into doubles. This results in a greater payout for any winning combination.
Rapid Spin Option
Are you one of those players who wants to get in as many spins per hour as possible? If so, be sure to take advantage of the game’s rapid spin option. To activate, just click the rabbit icon at the bottom of the screen. Once this happens, spins will be completed in just two short seconds. This shaves a full second off the usual total.
Return to Player
The RTP (Return to Player) is the theoretical amount a player should expect to get back from their wager. While pokies can fluctuate greatly in the short term, the RTP should prove true over thousands of spins.
The listed RTP for Nights of Egypt is 95.16%, which is slightly below average for an online pokie. For example, here are the RTP percentages for other pokies I’ve reviewed:
- Sweet Bonanza – 96.51%
- John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure – 96.5%
- Gold Canyon – 96.13%
- Demi Gods II – 95.1%
- Winsanity – 94.24%
Nights of Egypt is a well-designed game that offers some impressive payouts. The RTP is a little lower than what I look for, but not especially so. I also enjoyed the multiple in-game features, so I’d definitely recommend this one. If you’re a fan of ancient history, you might want to add this one to your list.