Neptune’s Fortune Pokie Review
There’s a whole other world beneath the sea, and Neptune’s Fortune invites you to dive below the briny depths. Thanks to the designers at iSoftBet, you might encounter a starfish or octopus, or you may even run into the trident-wielding god of the ocean.
This pokie features cascading wins, Megaways payouts, and a pair of bonus games. For more details, please keep reading for an in-depth review.
Available Range of Bets
This pokie has eight betting options for the player to choose from. The smallest is $0.01 per line, which equals a wager of $0.20 per spin. Meanwhile, the highest is $1 per line, which comes out to $20 per spin.
Due to this range, Neptune’s Fortune is best-suited for players on a budget. Of course, medium-rollers might also find it an enjoyable option when they’re looking to take a break from more expensive pokies.
Each time a winning combination forms on the reels, it’s removed so that more symbols can cascade into place. There’s no limit to the number of cascades that can occur on a single turns.
Like many iSoftBet pokies, this game uses the Megaways payout system. This means that each spin can have up to 46,656 ways to win.
Multiply the number of adjacent winning symbols on each reel to give the total number of winning ways. This number is multiplied by the winning symbol payout to provide the total win.
It’s definitely a complicated system to keep track of. Luckily, the game displays the number of ways following each spin.
Neptune’s Fortune Pay Table
Now, let’s take a look at the symbols and payouts on the reels. Keep in mind that these numbers vary based on the wager. For the following examples, I’m using the maximum bet of $20 per spin.
- Ten – The lowest-ranked poker symbol in the game, it pays $2 for three matches, $4 for four, $6 for five, and $16 for six.
- Jack – Yet another poker icon, this one is worth $2 for three matches, $4 for four, $10 for five, and $18 for six.
- Queen – This symbol pays $4 for three matches, $6 for four, $12 for five, and $20 for six.
- King – Another poker icon, this time worth $4 for three matches, $8 for four, $14 for five, and $22 for six.
- Ace – The highest-ranked poker symbol in the game, it’s worth $4 for three, $8 for four, $14 for five, and $24 for six.
- Shell and Starfish – Both of these nautical symbols provide payouts of $6 for three, $10 for four, $16 for five, and $30 for six.
- Turtle – The turtle icon pays $10 for three, $20 for four, $30 for five, and $40 for six.
- Octopus – This massive undersea denizen is worth $20 for three, $40 for four, $60 for five, and $100 for six.
- Neptune – The Roman god of the sea pays $40 for three, $180 for four, $400 for five, and $800 for six.
- Oyster with Pearl – This is the wild symbol, and it substitutes for every icon except the trident.
- Trident – This is the game’s scatter symbol. Four or more trigger the free spin bonus.
Free Spins Round
In order to activate the free spins round, you’ll need to get four or more trident (scatter) icons. This results in the following:
- Four Symbols = 10 Free Spins
- Five Symbols = 12 Free Spins
- Six Symbols = 15 Free Spins
During these bonus spins, the low-paying symbols (ten, jack, queen, king, and ace) are removed from the reels. Also, any treasure chest can be awarded during the round.
Five treasure chests sit just above the reels. When a wild symbol lands, there’s always a chance that one of these chests can open. When this occurs, the player can receive up to four multipliers worth a maximum of 5x each.
When the centre treasure chest opens, it triggers Neptune’s Bonus. This serves as a match-style game, with the player trying to pick three identical pearls. If they’re successful, they can win one of the following bonuses:
- Mini – Worth 20x the triggering wager.
- Minor – Pays 50x the triggering wager.
- Major – Valued at 200x the triggering wager.
- Grand – Pays 1000x the triggering wager.
If you’re a punter on a budget, then Neptune’s Fortune is a great option. Any spin can turn up a bonus payday, and the two extra features add a great deal of fun.
I’m disappointed that the designers didn’t list the game’s RTP, but that’s standard for iSoftBet products. Still, it’s a solid entry for pokie players, especially those with a modest bankroll.
To see even more poker machine reviews, please check out the following: