Morgana Pokie Review
Morgana is the most recent pokie from iSoftBet, and it’s based on the character of Morgana le Fay from the King Arthur legends. A powerful sorceress, she wants to use her foul magic in order to conquer Camelot.
The game is located at any online casino carrying titles from iSoftBet. For Aussie punters, this includes sites such as House of Pokies, Johnny Kash and MuchoVegas.
This pokie is supposed to be part of the Twisted Tales line from iSoftBet. However, since no other games are discussed on their website, I think it’s safe to assume that this is the first. Based on the name of the series, I’m guessing all games will be tied to myths, legends, or fairy tales.
What Are Megaways?
Created in Australia by the developers at Big Time Gaming, the Megaways system adds a unique twist to poker machines. While most pokies have a fixed number of lines, Megaways constantly change. This results in hundreds or even hundreds of thousands of winning possibilities per spin.
There’s even a helpful counter at the top of the screen to show the number of active Megaways on any given spin. During my latest 10 spins, for example, the lowest was 576 and the highest was 14,700.
In order to use this system, a developer must pay a licensing fee to Big Time Gaming. iSoftBet has a handful of such games, with titles ranging from Aztec Gold to Fu Fortunes.
If you get lucky, you’ll trigger Max Megaways, which is the largest possible outcome. In this case, there are 117,649 available ways.
Options for Wagers
The player has eight options to choose from when it comes time to make a wager. There are 20 lines, and the coin value per line ranges from $0.01 to $1. This results in a minimum bet of $0.20 per spin and a maximum of $20, which makes it best-suited for low rollers.
The payouts vary depending on the player’s wager. The more you risk, the more you can potentially win. For the examples below, let’s assume a maximum bet of $20 per spin.
- Nine and Ten – Valued at $2 for three matches, $4 for four, $8 for five, and $16 for six.
- Jack and Queen – Worth $2 for three matches, $6 for four, $12 for five, and $20 for six.
- King and Ace – Pays $3 for three matches, $8 for four, $16 for five, and $40 for six.
- Purple Stone Amulet – On a winning line, this symbol is worth $4 for three matches, $10 for four, $20 for five, and $60 for six.
- Dragon Amulet – This silver and blue amulet is worth $4 for three matches, $12 for four, $40 for five, and $80 for six.
- Serpent Eye Amulet – This ominous amulet is valued at $8 for three matches, $16 for four, $50 for five, and $100 for six.
- Morgana – The wicked sorceress of Arthurian legend is worth $40 for two matches, $100 for three, $200 for four, $500 for five, and $1000 for six.
- Mystery – Available during the base game and free spins round. This shimmering orb transforms into any symbol except a scatter or wild. When multiple mystery icons are present on the reels, they all transform into the same icon.
- Wild – Appears on reels two through five. Substitutes for all symbols except the bonus.
- Scatter – Depicted as the Holy Grail, this symbol triggers the free spin bonus when three or more appear on the reels. The number of free spins range from 10 (three scatters) to 30 (six scatters).
Free Spins Bonus
The bonus activates when three or more scatter icons appear on the screen. As previously mentioned, the player receives from 10 to 30 free spins (depending on the number of scatters).
During this phase, the player can collect various symbols to earn multipliers, increased Megaways, and additional spins. When enough symbols of a certain type are collected, the player moves up a level and gets assigned a new symbol to collect.
The symbols are listed below in order:
- Nine – When 20 symbols are collected, at least 64 Megaways become active, as well as +5 spins.
- Ten – Must collect 20 symbols to activate at least 500 Megaways, as well as +5 spins and 5x total bet.
- Jack – When 15 symbols are collected, at least 1000 Megaways become active, as well as +5 spins and 10x total bet.
- Queen – Must collect 15 symbols to activate at least 1000 Megaways, as well as +4 spins and 20x total bet.
- King – When 12 symbols are collected, at least 2000 Megaways become active, as well as +3 spins and 40x total bet.
- Ace – Must collect 12 symbols to activate a minimum of 2,000 Megaways, as well as +3 spins and 60x total bet.
- Purple Stone Amulet – When 10 symbols are collected, at least 5000 Megaways become active, as well as +2 spina and 80x total bet.
- Dragon Amulet – Must collect 10 symbols to activate a minimum of 10,000 Megaways, as well as +2 spins and 100x total bet.
- Serpent Eye Amulet – When eight symbols are collected, at least 50,000 Megaways become active, as well as +1 spin and 200x total bet.
- Morgana – Must collect eight symbols to activate 117,649 Megaways. This also results in +1 spin and 500x total bet.
Buying Free Spins
If you don’t want to trigger free spins the old fashioned way, you can pay a fee and activate them immediately. The price is constantly displayed just to the left of the reels, and it’s equal to 80x the total bet.
For those playing at the minimum wager of $0.20, the cost is $16. Meanwhile, the maximum of $20 carries a price of $1600.
The number of triggering scatters, and the accompanying free spins, are randomly determined. These include:
- Three Scatters = 10 spins
- Four Scatters = 15 spins
- Five Scatters = 20 spins
Morgana is one of the best pokies I’ve played in years. The presence of the Megaways system is a large reason why.
The ability to purchase the bonus round allows players to cut right to the chase, and the level concept is quite unique. The games from iSoftBet tend to be memorable, and this one is no exception.
For even more slot machine reviews, please see the following: