Jungle Gorilla Pokie Review
Pragmatic Play is back with yet another online pokie. Jungle Gorilla is their latest release, and this 20-payline game transports players deep into a tropical forest. If you’re looking for a new poker machine, check out my review to see if this one fits your needs.
Pragmatic Play uses a lightning bolt scale to measure the volatility of their games. One is the least, while five is the most. Jungle Gorilla is rated at three bolts, which means it pays steadily with a variety of wins.
Personally, I prefer a medium volatility game. The varied wins make each spin exciting, and you won’t need a massive bankroll to get started.
Return to Player
The return-to-player percentage (also called “RTP”) is an expression of a pokie’s average payout. For example, a game with a 94% RTP will pay, on average, $94 for every $100 wagered.
The RTP for Jungle Gorilla is 96.57%. This is superior to most online poker machines, and it’s much better than what you’ll find in land-based casinos.
Players can wager from one to ten coins per line, and coin values range from $0.01 to $0.50. This results in a minimum bet of $0.20 and a maximum of $100.
The available range makes Jungle Gorilla best-suited for low to medium rollers. High rollers can use it in a pinch, but they may want to look elsewhere for truly large bets.
If you change your wager, you’ll lose your progress in regard to collected symbols. However, the information is saved, so it’ll still be available if you return to your previous bet.
Playing the Game
To play this pokie, you’ll need to find an online casino that offers titles from Pragmatic Play. For Aussie punters, recommended options include 7 Reels Casino and Woo Casino. I suggest the latter, as they have a truly astounding selection of games.
Jungle Gorilla Pay Table
This section details the various symbols on the reels and their cash values. Payouts change based on the player’s wager, and the examples below assume a bet of $30 per spin.
- Jack – This lowly poker icon pays $7.50 for three matches, $15 for four, and $30 for five.
- Queen – Yet another poker symbol, this one pays $9 for three matches, $18 for four, and $37.50 for five.
- King – This icon is worth $12 for three matches, $24 for four, and $45 for five.
- Ace – The top poker symbol in the game, it’s worth $15 for three matches, $27 for four, and $52.50 for five.
- Chameleon – This colorful lizard offers payouts of $15 for three matches, $30 for four, and $60 for five.
- Parrot – Blessed with brilliant plumage, the parrot symbol pays $18 for three matches, $36 for four, and $75 for five.
- Elephant – These mammals pay $22.50 for three matches, $45 for four, and $90 for five.
- Tiger – The largest existing cat species, the tiger pays $30 for three matches, $52.50 for four, and $105 for five.
- Gorilla – This majestic ape is valued at $37.50 for three matches, $60 for four, and $135 for five.
- Wild – The wild icon substitutes for all symbols except the scatter. Present on all reels, it pays $45 for three matches, $75 for four, and $375 for five.
- Golden Gorilla Coin – This is the game’s scatter symbol. It appears on all reels, but it doesn’t offer an initial payout. It does, however, increase the multiplier for a row (see more info below).
The game has five reels. At the top of each reel is a multiplier which can range from 1x to 5x.
When the scatter coin lands on a reel, the corresponding multiplier increases by 1x (up to a maximum of 5x). If a wild symbol lands on a reel as part of a winning line, the multiplier for that reel is applied to the payout.
If multiple wilds are present on a winning line, all corresponding multipliers are added together to determine the payout. Once the win is awarded, the used multipliers reset to 1x. The maximum win on a single payline is limited to 500x.
When you change bets, all multipliers are saved. Each time you return to a specific wager, you’ll pick up where you left off.
There is no bonus round available. Instead, the multiplier feature takes the place of a bonus game.
Sure, this is a little disappointing, but you can’t expect the game to just hand you money. After all, the multipliers are plenty lucrative on their own.
This is one of the best Pragmatic Play pokies that I’ve ever encountered. While the lack of a bonus round takes some getting used to, the reel multipliers more than compensate. I also enjoyed the medium volatility and variety of betting options. Finally, there’s the above-average RTP, which is always a major plus.
For more poker machine reviews, please see the following: