John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure – New Pokie of the Week
John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure is the latest online pokie release from Pragmatic Play. It’s the sequel to John Hunter and the Secret of DaVinci’s Treasure.
The game has an adventure theme, with the title character being a thinly-veiled copy of Indiana Jones. There are plenty of jungle sights and sounds, and possible wagers range from $0.20 to $100.
Where Can You Find This Pokie?
John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure is available at any online casino offering games designed by Pragmatic Play. For Aussie gamblers, this includes options such as Rich Casino, 7 Reels Casino, and Winward Casino.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their pokies on a scale of one to five lightning bolts. John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure has a rating of four lightning bolts.
This means the pokie has a high volatility rating. These games pay less, but they offer a greater chance of getting big wins within a short period of time.
Return to Player
The RTP is a measure of how much a pokie pays back to a player over time. This game has a theoretical RTP of 96.5%. This is better than expected, making it superior to Demi Gods II and equal to Sweet Bonanza.
John Hunter and the Aztec Treasure Pay Table
This section details the game’s pay table. Starting with the leftmost reel, all symbols pay from left to right on adjacent reels. For the payout amounts, I have used the maximum wager of $100 per spin.
Please keep in mind that each reel can have up to six symbols. Each spin, meanwhile, can have up to 7,776 ways to achieve a payout.
- John Hunter – This icon represents the game’s title character. Five of these icons pay $400, while four are worth $150. If three turn up on the reels, you’ll receive $75.
- Panther – This fierce jungle cat is worth $250 if five turn up on the reels. Four icons pay $125, and three symbols are worth $60.
- Snake – This serpent is coiled around a branch, just waiting to strike an unsuspecting victim. Five of these symbols pay $150, while four are valued at $75. If three turn up on the reels, they pay $50.
- Toucan – This colourful jungle bird pays $100 for five matches. Four such symbols are worth $60, while three pay $40.
- Hat and Bullwhip – John Hunter is never seen without his cowboy hat and trusty bullwhip. When five of these icons turn up, they’re worth $100. Four are valued at $60, and three pay $40.
- Torch – A flaming torch is a must for exploring ancient tombs and temples. Five torch icons are worth $75, while four offer a payout of $50. If three turn up on the reels, you’ll receive $25.
- Ace and King – These poker icons pay $50 for five matches, $40 for four, and $25 for three.
- Queen and Jack – These are the last of the basic game symbols. Each pays $40 for five matches, $30 for four matches, and $20 for three matches.
The wild symbol takes the form of an Aztec relic. It substitutes for all icons except the Bonus symbol. However, the wild icon is only available on reels two, three, and four.
Free Spins Feature
The Free Spins Feature is triggered when three or more bonus symbols appear anywhere on the reels. The number of free spins is determined by the number of triggering bonus icons. For example:
- Three bonus symbols award 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 free spins.
- Four bonus icons award 10, 15, 20 or 25 complimentary spins.
- Five bonus symbols are worth 15, 20 or 25 free spins.
During each free spin, a multiplier value is awarded at random. Options include 2x, 3x, 5x, 7x or 10x. If the current spin is a winner, this amount will be multiplied by the prize to determine the full payout.
Additional free spins can be earned during the bonus feature. This occurs when two or more bonus icons appear on the reels.
- Two bonus symbols are worth 3, 4, 5, 10 or 15 free spins.
- Three bonus icons result in 4, 5, 10 or 15 free spins.
- Four bonus symbols provide 5, 10 or 15 free spins.
- Five bonus icons deliver either 10 or 15 free spins.
The bonus spins are played immediately, and each has the same multiplier as the triggering spin.
John Hunter and the Aztec treasure is another quality option from the designers at Pragmatic Play. While the company has only been around since 2015, it’s easy to see why they’ve come such a long way.
The sounds and graphics are decent enough, although they’re nothing special. The RTP is pleasantly high, and the same goes for the volatility level. I would, however, like to see some bigger wins on the individual paylines.
This pokie isn’t going to re-invent the wheel. It will, however, provide you with hours of gambling fun and a decent chance of becoming a winner.