Jesters Joy Pokie Review
Jesters Joy is one of the latest releases from Booming Games. This 10-payline pokie is definitely a throwback, and it’s played on a 3×3 grid. If you’re looking for an old-school gaming experience, please read the following review to see if it’s right for you.
Where to Find Jesters Joy
This pokie is available from any online casino that offers titles from Booming Games. For Aussie punters, some recommended options include PlayAmo and Johnny Kash. While there’s nothing wrong with the former, I suggest the latter for their wide selection and top-notch customer service.
Most modern games feature fixed paylines, which means you have to wager on all available options. However, this isn’t the case with Jesters Joy, as you can bet on anywhere from one to ten lines each spin.
This creates a massive number of betting options. For the purposes of this review, though, let’s assume you’ve decided to wager on all 10 lines.
In this case, you’ll have 29 bets to choose from. The lowest is $0.10, while the highest is a surprising $500 per spin. I was surprised at this amount of diversity, as most simplistic pokies tend to be on the low side. However, Jesters Joy is a breed apart, making it suitable for all types of bankrolls.
Jesters Joy Paytable
The paytable for Jesters Joy displays all the reel symbols and shows how much they’re worth. These values differ depending on the player’s bet, with higher wagers resulting in bigger payouts. For this review, let’s assume that the player is risking $25 per spin.
Symbols are divided into three categories: major, minor, and special. Since this is a 3×3 pokie, the number of symbols available per line are less than usual.
These symbols are the game’s low-paying options. They include:
- Cherries – Three of these symbols pay $7.50.
- Plum – When a trio of these icons turn up on the payline, it’s worth $12.50.
- Lemon – This icon pays $17.50 when three turn up in a winning combination.
These symbols offer a larger payout than their minor counterparts. They include:
- Bell – This golden bell pays $50 when three appear on a winning line.
- Star – The most valuable of the major symbols, the star pays $62.50.
In addition to offering a payout, these symbols have some special purpose within the framework of the game. Options include:
- Wild – This symbol substitutes for both major and minor icons. Three of them on a line also activates the 2-Way Pay feature. Finally, there’s a payout of $192.50 for a trio of these symbols.
- X7 – By itself, this symbol doesn’t offer a payout. However, when one of these icons is part of an active payline, it causes the usual payout to be multiplied by seven. I thought this was a novel addition to the gameplay. Keep in mind, however, that the x7 symbol only appears on reel two.
- Scatter – When three of these symbols land anywhere on the reels, it triggers the free spins feature. In addition, getting three on an active line pays $175.
This bonus round triggers when three scatters appear anywhere on the reels. When this occurs, the player immediately receives 10 free spins. The round can also be re-triggered by getting another trio of scatters during a free spin.
This feature triggers when three or more wilds appear anywhere on the reels. At this point, the player receives 10 two-way pay spins.
Three or more wilds can also re-trigger this feature. If three scatters turn up, the feature is put on hold until the free spins bonus is resolved.
When you win, you’ll have the option of playing a special “double or nothing” round. Basically, it’s a 50/50 proposition, with the player being asked to choose one of two masks.
If you select the correct mask, then your latest payout will be doubled. However, the wrong choice results in a loss of your latest payout. You cannot gamble winnings awarded during the free spins phase.
If successful, you can continue to gamble as many times as you want. However, if you win $10,000 on this option, then it will no longer be available.
Most classic-style pokies don’t offer much in terms of gameplay, but Jesters Joy in an exception to the rule. The multiple bonus features are a nice surprise, and the wide range of betting options make it suitable for all players.
If you enjoy simplicity, then this pokie is definitely worth checking out.
For more poker machine reviews, please see the following: