Howling Wolves Pokie Review
Howling Wolves is the latest pokie from Booming Games. It’s a 5×3 virtual machine with 25 fixed paylines, and it features a Native American theme. For more information, please read the following review.
This is a low volatility pokie, which means it carries less risk than other games. Payouts come at a higher frequency, although they can often be of the smaller variety. If you’re easily bored, this sort of game is ideal for keeping your attention.
The RTP (“return to player”) measures the average payback of a pokie over thousands of spins. This number is usually higher with virtual games, as there’s greater competition in the online world.
The listed RTP for Howling Wolves is 95.49%. While it’s not the highest percentage I’ve seen, it’s still more than serviceable.
Punters have a dozen betting options on this pokie. The smallest is $0.25 per spin, while the largest is $125. This range should satisfy all but the highest of high rollers, so there’s plenty of versatility to be had.
Howling Wolves Paytable
In this section, we’ll take a look at the reel symbols for the pokie, as well as their accompanying values. Please remember that payouts are dictated by the size of your wager. In these examples, I’m using a bet of $25 per spin.
- War Bonnet, Tomahawks, and Drum – Each of these three symbols is worth $5 for three matches, $25 for four, and $50 for five.
- Pottery – This ornate container pays $10 for three matches, $50 for four, and $100 for five.
- White Wolf – Pays $15 for three matches, $100 for four, and $250 for five.
- Black Wolf – Worth $25 for three matches, $150 for four, and $375 for five.
- Grey Wolf – Valued at $30 for three matches, $250 for four, and $500 for five.
- Wild – During any given spin, up to 15 wild icons can appear on the reels. The wild substitutes for all icons besides the scatter. It also pays $30 for three matches, $250 for four, and $500 for five.
- Scatter – The player receives 10 free spins when the scatter icon appears on reels three through five.
Free Spins Bonus
This bonus round activates when the scatter symbol turns up on the last three reels during the base game. The player receives 10 free spins, which can be retriggered.
Wolf Pack Multipliers
This is my favorite feature in the game, as it almost always results in an impressive payout. Available during the bonus round, it triggers prior to the spin. You’ll see anywhere from two to five howling wolf symbols, and each one increases the multiplier (from 2x to 5x).
The spin then plays out as normal. Once it’s over, any winnings are adjusted based on the wolf pack multiplier.
Alpha Wolf Spin
Available during the bonus round, this special feature is indicated by a large wolf icon that appears over the entire screen. After the reels have stopped, all major symbols are converted into grey wolf icons (the most valuable major symbol).
Where to Find Howling Wolves
In order to play this game, you’ll need to locate an online casino offering titles from Booming Games. For Aussie players, the first name that comes to mind is King Johnnie. This virtual establishment boasts excellent customer service, as well as games from 10 different designers.
Howling Wolves is a solid addition to the Booming Games family. The theme and music are laid back and relaxing, and the low volatility will keep you engaged for hours at a time. I’m especially keen on the bonus round due to the presence of the lucrative wolf pack multipliers.
For more quality pokie reviews, please see the following:
- Lucky Fortune Cat Pokie Review
- Majestic Pokie Review
- Wild West Gold Pokie Review
- Chicken Party Pokie Review