Hot Fiesta Pokie Review
Hot Fiesta is the latest online pokie from Pragmatic Play. Set in Mexico and featuring all the sights and sounds of mariachi music, this 25-payline game offers wins up to 5000x your wager. If you’re interested in learning more, my review of the game is located below.
Finding the Game
Before you can try Hot Fiesta, you’ll need to find an online casino that offers games from Pragmatic Play. If you live in Australia, suggested options include Rich Casino, Winward Casino, and Woo Casino.
Return to Player
Also known as “RTP,” this percentage measures the long-term payout of an individual pokie. For example, a game with a 94% RTP pays an average of $94 for every $100 wagered. Of course, the percentage only holds true over thousands of spins, so don’t expect this every time.
The listed RTP for Hot Fiesta is 96.56%. That’s a solid percentage, so this game should immediately be moved near the top of your list. It should be noted, however, that choosing the “Ante Bet” option drops it to 96.53%. Finally, choosing “Buy Free Spins” lowers it to 96.49%.
Level of Volatility
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their pokies on a scale of one to five, with five being the highest. Hot Fiesta has a five rating, meaning that wins don’t occur as often. However, when they do occur, there’s a better chance of getting major wins close together.
I’m pretty sure the company’s designers prefer high volatility. After all, almost every pokie I review from Pragmatic Play seems to get a five rating.
Options for Wagering
Hot Fiesta has 40 possible bets for players to choose from. The smallest is $0.25 per spin, while the largest is $125. That’s a respectable range, especially for those with low to medium-sized bankrolls.
Hot Fiesta Paytable
This section is all about symbols and payouts. For the following list, let’s assume a player wager of $50 per spin. Just keep in mind that changing your bet will alter these potential prizes.
- Ten, Jack, Queen – Pays $4 for three matches, $10 for four, and $50 for five.
- King and Ace – These poker symbols are worth $4 for three matches, $10 for four, and $50 for five.
- Margarita – This alcoholic beverage pays $16 for three matches, $40 for four, and $200 for five.
- Maracas – These musical shakers are worth $24 for three matches, $50 for four, and $300 for five.
- Guitar – Valued at $40 for three matches, $80 for four matches, and $400 for five.
- Accordion – A staple of mariachi music, the accordion pays $50 for three matches, $120 for four, and $600 for five.
- Woman with Flower – This lovely lady pays $70 for three matches, $200 for four, and $1000 for five.
- Mariachi – A smiling musician worth $100 for three matches, $300 for four, and $1500 for five.
- Pinata – While it won’t break open and give you candy, this icon does serve as the game’s wild symbol. All wilds have a multiplier of 2x, 3x, or 5x, and these come into play when part of a winning payline. When multiple wilds are on the same payline, their multipliers are added together to determine the payout. Also pays $100 for three, $500 for four, and $2000 for five.
- Fireworks – This is the Bonus symbol, and it appears on reels one, three, and five. This symbol pays on any position, and three of them will trigger the Free Spins feature.
Free Spins Feature
When triggered, this feature randomly awards from nine to 27 free spins. This number is determined by exploding pinatas, with each awarding a specific number.
During the free spins, all wilds remain on the screen until the round is over. However, they’ll randomly shift position at the start of each new spin. These wilds also have a 2x, 3x, or 5x multiplier that applies to any winning line they’re involved with.
Buying Free Spins
If you want to activate the free spins round, you can do so instantly by paying 100x your current wager. Just remember that this drops the RTP slightly to 96.49%.
Ante Bet Option
Normally, the game’s bet multiplier is 25x. However, the player also has the option of raising it to 35x. This costs more money per spin, but it also causes more Bonus symbols to appear. When the 35x option is active, you’ll be unable to choose the Buy Free Spins option.
Hot Fiesta is a quality pokie with a solid RTP and enough bells and whistles to hold anyone’s interest. I would’ve enjoyed an extra bonus round, but I’ve always been greedy when it comes to special features. Still, the 96.56% RTP is better than what you’ll find on most virtual pokies, and that alone makes it worth trying.
For more pokie reviews, please see the following: