Hercules & Pegasus Pokie Review
Hercules & Pegasus is the latest online pokie to be released from Pragmatic Play, as it became available to casinos on November 21st, 2019. This 5-reel, 20-payline game draws from the myths and legends of ancient Greece, conjuring forth the demi-god, Hercules, and the flying steed, Pegasus.
This poker machine has 20 paylines that are active on every spin. Therefore, the minimum possible wager is $0.01 per line, which equals a minimum bet of $0.20. On the flipside, $5 is the largest wager per line, for a maximum bet of $100.
This range of wagers makes the game ideal for players with a low to medium bankroll. However, true high rollers are likely to go elsewhere to get their fix.
Hercules & Pegasus Paytable
This section discusses the game’s paytable in detail. For our purposes, let’s assume that the player is making the maximum possible wager of $100.
- Queen, Jack, Ten – These three symbols pay $20 for three matches, $50 for four, and $250 for five.
- Ace and King – These poker icons are worth $40 for three matches, $100 for four, and $500 for five.
- Grecian Urn – This ancient container pays $100 for three matches, $500 for four, and $1,000 for five.
- Golden Harp – This gorgeous musical instrument is worth $100 for three matches, $500 for four, and $1,000 for five.
- Olympus – This symbol displays the mighty pillars of Olympus, the home of the Greek gods. It pays $200 for three matches, $700 for four, and $1,500 for five.
- Hercules & Pegasus – This is the logo of the game, and it’s worth $10 for two matches, $200 for three, $1,000 for four, and $2,000 for five.
- Wild – This image features both Pegasus and Hercules. It substitutes for all icons except Bonus, Pegasus, and Hercules. This symbol is present on all reels and pays $10 for two matches, $200 for three, $1,000 for four, and $2,500 for five.
- Bonus – In order for a bonus round to be triggered, this icon must land on reels one and three.
- Pegasus – If this icon lands on reel five, along with the Bonus symbol on reels one and three, then a bonus round is activated.
- Hercules – A bonus round triggers when this symbol lands on reels five, along with the Bonus icon on reels one and three.
Random Spin Features
During any spin on the base game, the player may be given a choice between three scrolls. Depending on their selection, one of the following four features will be activated:
- Pegasus Wilds – Wild Pegasus icons are added in random locations. In some cases, the value of any wins may also be doubled.
- Hercules Wilds – If this feature is activated, Hercules wilds randomly appear during the next spin. There’s also a chance of earning a re-spin with random wild symbols.
- Bonus – This ensures that Bonus symbols will land and activate one of the Free Spin features.
- Bolts of Zeus – During the upcoming spin, stacked Zeus symbols are added to the reels. Once the spin is over, these symbols transform into random game symbols. However, they will not transform into Pegasus or Hercules icons.
Pegasus Free Spins
This bonus activates when the Pegasus symbol appears on reel five, along with the Bonus icon on reels one and three. The player then receives an unlimited number of spins. Each time a blue container symbol appears on reel five, the win multiplier rises by one. The feature ends when the multiplier reaches x5.
Hercules Free Spins
This bonus triggers when Hercules appears on the fifth reel alongside the Bonus symbol on reels one and three. The player then receives an unlimited number of spins. A golden container can land on reel five, and its appearance results in wilds being added to the reels. The feature ends when this happens for the fifth time.
Hercules & Pegasus Free Spins
This feature activates when the Bonus symbol appears on reels one and three, and both the Pegasus and Hercules icons land on reel five. The player then receives an unlimited number of spins. During each spin, either a gold or blue container icon may appear on reel 5 (but not both). The golden container adds more wilds to the reels. The blue container increases all wins by x1. When either symbol lands for the fifth time, then the feature comes to a halt.
Return to Player
The RTP is the long-term expression of a pokie’s payback percentage. For example, a game with an RTP of 94% would pay back (on average) $94 for every $100 wagered.
Hercules & Pegasus lists its RTP as 96.5%. That’s a solid number for an online pokie, and it’s consistent with other releases from Pragmatic Play.
More Pokie Reviews
If you found this review helpful, and would like to read more, be sure to check out the following: