Gunspinner Pokie Review
Gunfighters and cowboys continue to fascinate punters, which is why so many online pokies are based on this theme. The designers at Booming Games have followed the trend, releasing a five-reel, 20-payline poker machine titled Gunspinner.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the term, “gunspinning” refers to someone twirling a six-shooter around their trigger finger. This happens a lot in movies, although it’s doubtful that any actual Old West legends ever bothered with such a maneuver.
Return to Player
The return-to-player percentage (aka “RTP”) is an indication of a poker machine’s expected payback. For example, a game with an RTP of 96% would return (on average) $96 for every $100 wagered. This varies in the short term, but it always holds true over thousands of spins.
In the case of Gunspinner, the RTP is listed as 95.17%. This is just below average for an online pokie, but it’s still just as good as anything you’d find in a land-based casino.
The 20 paylines on this pokie are active at all times. The lowest possible wager is just $0.01 per payline, which adds up to a minimum of $0.20. Meanwhile, the highest possible bet is $20 per payline, for a maximum wager of $400.
I like the range of bets from this title, as it has something for everyone. Players with a small bankroll can enjoy hours of low-stakes gaming, while high rollers should also feel at home.
Where to Play Gunspinner
Gunspinner can be found at any online casino offering pokies from Booming Games. Based on my records, the best options for Aussie punters are Johnny Kash and PlayAmo. Both offer a wide assortment of games, quality customer service, and a longstanding history of fairness.
Paytable for Gunspinner Poker Machine
In this section, I’ll provide a rundown of all the symbols and their respective payouts. For the following list, let’s assume that the player is risking $20 per spin. However, keep in mind that prizes vary based on the size of the wager.
First, let’s take a look at the minor symbols.
- Queen – As with most pokies, the lower symbols are comprised of poker icons. This one pays $3 for three matches, $20 for four, and $60 for five.
- King – This poker icon pays $4 for three matches, $25 for four, and $75 for five.
- Ace – This highest-ranked poker card is worth $5 for three matches, $30 for four, and $100 for five.
And now for the major symbols.
- Bottle of Whiskey – A requirement for any hard-drinking gunslinger, this icon pays $25 for three matches, $125 for four, and $250 for five.
- Six-Shooter – The best tool for disposing of varmints and bandits, the pistol icon pays $30 for three matches, $150 for four, and $300 for five.
- Bag of Gold – More coveted than paper currency, this bag of gold coins is valued at $40 for three matches, $175 for four, and $350 for five.
- Sheriff’s Badge – This is the game’s scatter symbol. It doesn’t offer a payout, but it does trigger the free spins round.
- Gold Bar – This big hunk of gold is worth $50 for three, $250 for four, $500 for five, and $750 for six. If you get an icon depicting a pair of gold bars, it counts as two symbols.
- Wanted Poster – This acts as the wild and substitutes for everything except the scatter. Five matches pays $1000. The Wild X2 symbol can only land on the random bonus reel, although it doubles the payout.
Random Bonus Reel
During any spin, a bonus reel may randomly appear on the screen. You’ll know it’s coming when the gunfighter on the screen ignites the fuse on a bundle of dynamite and tosses it onto the reels. This increases your chances of winning, and it’s a great addition to the game.
For the base game, the bonus reel is comprised of a random assortment of the following symbols: double gold bars, wanted poster, wanted poster x2, and scatter.
If the random bonus reel shows up during the free spins phase, it is made up of three of the following symbols: double gold bars, wanted poster x2, scatter +1, and scatter +2.
When three or more scatter symbols land on the reels, the player receives 10 free spins. During the bonus, keep an eye out for scatter icons with a +1 or +2 designation. If these show up, then extra spins will be added to your total.
If a wild icon lands on reels one, two, four or five, it locks into place. The symbol remains locked for the duration of the free spins bonus.
Gunspinner is a no-nonsense game that offers just enough to keep players engaged for hours. The paytable is generous, and the wager range should satisfy any punter, regardless of the size of their bankroll.
The sound and graphics are solid-yet-unspectacular. However, I should note that I found the soundtrack to be infectious (of course, I’ve always been a sucker for Italian westerns).
If you happen to patronize an online casino that carries titles from Booming Games, I suggest checking out this new release. It may not be as satisfying as winning a duel at high noon, but at least you won’t have to worry about bandits and bushwhackers.
More Pokie Reviews
If you’d like to peruse more poker machine reviews, please check out the following: