Great Panda Pokie Review
Great Panda: Hold and Win is the latest release from the designers at Booongo. This 25-payline game features a relaxed Chinese theme, along with a bonus game and free spins round. There are also a trio of jackpots that appear randomly. For more details, read the review below.
Where to Play Great Panda
This poker machine is present at any online casino offering games designed by Booongo. There are a number of options available for Aussie punters, but King Johnnie is my current favorite.
Great Panda offers 16 different betting options to players. The lowest possible wager is $0.25, while the highest is $60 per spin. This makes it suitable for players with a low to medium bankroll. However, high rollers should look elsewhere for their gaming fix.
Great Panda Pay Table
The pay table for Great Panda varies depending on the player’s wager. In the following breakdown, let’s assume a bet of $25 per spin.
- Ace, King, Queen, Jack – These classic poker symbols all offer the same payout. They deliver $5 for 3 matches, $10 for 4, and $50 for 5.
- Koi – These colorful pond dwellers are worth $5 for 3 matches, $25 for 4, and $100 for 5.
- Duck – Another resident of your local pond, the duck pays $5 for 3 matches, $30 for 4, and $150 for 5.
- Red Panda – This endangered (and thoroughly adorable) herbivore is worth $5 for 3 matches, $40 for 4, and $200 for 5.
- Panda – The lovable star of this game is a bamboo munching panda. It pays $15 for 3 matches, $50 for 4, and $250 for 5.
- Yin and Yang – This symbol of cosmic duality is the game’s wild icon. During gameplay, it substitutes for all symbols except the bonus and scatter.
- Lotus Blossoms – You’ll need to get 6 or more of these flower symbols in order to trigger the bonus game.
- Bonsai Tree – Often used for real-life zen gardening, this decorative tree is the game’s scatter symbol. On a winning line, it pays $25 for three matches (and triggers the bonus game).
Free Spins Round
This round is triggered when three scatter (bonsai tree) symbols land on reels 2 through 4. This immediately results in 8 free games being awarded to the player.
During this phase, all the poker symbols are removed from the reels. This is a positive event, as it creates more opportunities for higher-paying combinations.
If you get an additional 3 scatter symbols on reels 2 through 4, you’ll retrigger the bonus and receive an additional 8 spins. Also, the other bonus game can be triggered during this phase of the game.
To trigger the bonus, you’ll need to get 6 or more lotus blossom symbols on the reels during the base game. At the beginning of the bonus round, you’ll start with 3 respins.
Only lotus blossom icons appear during this phase, and they stick on the reels. Each time a new bonus symbol appears, the respin total is reset to 3.
Each lotus blossom is labeled with a payouts value, which is a multiple of the triggering wager. These multiples range from 1x to 18x.
The bonus game continues until either (a) all respins have been exhausted, or (b) all 15 bonus symbols have been collected.
At the end of the bonus game, all values are added together and then multiplied by the original wager. As you might have guessed, this can lead to some truly impressive payouts.
- Mini Bonus – These symbols randomly appear during the bonus game. They result in a mini jackpot worth 20x the player’s wager.
- Minor Bonus – Another randomly appearing symbol. It pays 50x the player’s bet.
- Grand Jackpot – If the player manages to collect all 15 bonus symbols, they’ll be awarded the Grand Jackpot. This prize is valued at 2000x the player’s wager.
If you have a small to medium-sized bankroll, then the Great Panda pokie is worth a look. The free spin and bonus games keep things interesting, and the presence of three jackpots is also a treat. I wish the designers would’ve listed the RTP, but I assume it’s still within the realm of average.
For more poker machine reviews, please take a look at the following: