Gates of Olympus Pokie Review
Pokie designers never seem to tire of games based around the Greek gods, and the just-released Gates of Olympus is the latest example. Created by Pragmatic Play, this action-packed title is filled with tumbling reels, bonus features, and lots of divine lightning (courtesy of Zeus).
To determine whether or not it’s a good fit, please peruse the following poker machine review.
The RTP level of this pokie is 96.50%. That means, on average, that you’ll win back $96.50 for every $100 you wager. This is about average for an online pokie, although it’s far superior to the 70% to 90% often found at brick-and-mortar casinos.
Level of Volatility
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their games on a scale of one to five lightning bolts. Gates of Olympus is rated five, which is the highest. This means it will pay out less often, but it offers a better chance of getting multiple big wins within a short span of time.
Locating Gates of Olympus
In order to play Gates of Olympus, you’ll need to find an online casino that carries games from Pragmatic Play. Luckily, these are quite common, and Aussie gamblers may choose from options such as Woo Casino, Tangiers Casino, and Winward Casino.
How Much Can You Wager?
Like all pokies from Pragmatic Play, Gates of Olympus provides an impressive array of betting options. The game has 40 possible wagers, with the smallest being $0.20 per spin. Meanwhile, the largest bet is $100 per spin, making this flexible game ideal for bankrolls of all sizes.
After each spin, all winning symbols disappear. They are then replaced by new symbols that tumble down from the top of the screen. There’s no limit to the number of possible tumbles, and this continues until no more winning combinations appear.
Gates of Olympus Paytable
The paytable lists a pokie’s reel symbols, as well as their corresponding payouts. However, keep in mind that changing wagers causes cash prizes to fluctuate.
In the following examples, I’m using a wager of $50 per spin (which is right in the middle of the game’s range). As stated in the previous paragraph, changing the wager alters the payout.
- Sapphire Gem – Valued at $12.50 for eight to nine matches, $37.50 for 10 to 11, and $100 for 12 to 30.
- Emerald Gem – Worth $20 for eight to nine matches, $45 for 10 to 11, and $200 for 12 to 30.
- Golden Gem – Pays $25 for eight to nine matches, $50 for 10 to 11, and $250 for 12 to 30.
- Amethyst Gem – Valued at $40 for eight to nine matches, $60 for 10 to 11, and $400 for 12 to 30.
- Ruby Gem – Worth $50 for eight to nine matches, $75 for 10 to 11, and $500 for 12 to 30.
- Golden Chalice – Pays $75 for eight to nine matches, $100 for 10 to 11, and $600 for 12 to 30.
- Ring with Amethyst Stone – Valued at $100 for eight to nine matches, $250 for 10 to 11, and $750 for 12 to 30.
- Hourglass with Sapphire Stones – Worth $125 for eight to nine matches, $500 for 10 to 11, and $1250 for 12 to 30.
- Crown with Emerald Gem – Pays $500 for eight to nine matches, $1250 for 10 to 11, and $2500 for 12 to 30.
- Zeus – The king of the Greek pantheon is the game’s scatter. He can appear on all reels and pay on any position. Payouts include $150 for four matches, $250 for five, and $5000 for six.
- Multipliers – This symbol looks like a coloured circle flanked by golden wings. It can appear on all reels, both in the base game and free spins feature. When the symbol hits, it takes on a multiplier value from 2x to 500x. At the end of a spin, all multipliers are added together and then multiplied by the total win.
This feature triggers on four or more scatter symbols. When this occurs, the player receives 15 free spins.
If a multiplier lands on a winning spin, its value is added to the total multiplier. This is in effect for the duration of the bonus round.
The bonus round re-triggers when three or more scatters land on the reels. If this occurs, the player receives five more free spins.
Buying Free Spins
You also have the option of instantly triggering the free spins round. To do so, select the box to the left of the reels and pay the listed price (100x total bet).
This option is available when the 20x ante bet option is active. If the 25x ante bet is active, then the feature is disabled.
This option allows the player to change the game’s bet multiplier. This, in turns, alters the overall performance of the poker machine. The options are:
- 20x Bet Multiplier – This is the default setting during any spin. The free spin bonus can be triggered by paying a price equal to 100x the total bet.
- 25x Bet Multiplier – Doubles the natural chances of triggering the free spins round. More scatter symbols land on the reels. The ability to buy free spins is deactivated when this option is selected.
There’s a lot to like about Gates of Olympus, as it continually finds news ways to entertain and engage the player. The RTP is solid, and the high volatility means that large wins can often come close together. I’m especially pleased with the betting range, allowing punters of any economic level to get in on the fun.
For more poker machine reviews, check out any of the following: