Fishing for Gold Pokie Review
Ice fishing can be source of recreation, but it’s also an excellent way to stock up on fresh food. This is a common practice in colder climates, and iSoftBet pays tribute to the tradition with their new 25-payline Fishin’ for Gold pokie.
Where to Find This Pokie
Fishin’ for Gold can be found at any online casino offering games from iSoftBet. Currently, one of the best options for Aussie players is Mucho Vegas Casino. They offer games from 10 different designers, and the whole site is decorated in a colourful Mexican theme.
All 25 paylines are active during each spin, and there are eight betting options to choose from. The least expensive is $0.01 per line, for a total of $0.25 per spin. The most expensive is $1 per line, for a maximum wager of $25.
This range of bets is perfect for players on a budget. However, high rollers should definitely look elsewhere.
Fishing for Gold Pay Table
This section contains the complete pay table for the Fishing for Gold poker machine. Payouts vary based on the amount of your wager. In the examples below, we’re assuming a bet of $25.
- Jack – This generic poker icon pays $10 for three matches, $40 for four, and $100 for five.
- Queen – Another classic poker symbol, the queen is worth $20 for three matches, $50 for four, and $100 for five.
- King – This coveted poker icon pays $30 for three matches, $70 for four, and $125 for five.
- Ace – The most valuable of all poker cards, this icon is worth $40 for three matches, $80 for four, and $150 for five.
- Shoe & Bucket – Both these symbols represent junk that you might catch while fishing. Each one is worth $50 for three matches, $100 for four, and $300 for five.
- Penguin – This adorable arctic creature is valued at $80 for three matches, $150 for four, and $500 for five. This is an especially cute icon, as the penguin is bundled up with a little scarf around his neck.
- Polar Bear – This smiling bear pays $100 for three matches, $200 for four, and $1000 for five.
- Bonus – This icon doesn’t offer a cash payout. However, it does trigger a bonus round when it appears simultaneously on reels two through four.
Fishin’ for Gold Bonus
This special round triggers when the Bonus symbol appears on reels two through four at the same time. First, you’ll need to select your fisherman icon, and you can choose from a polar bear, penguin, walrus, or lion. Then you’ll go fishing for items such as free spins or bonus wilds. In some cases, a wild may have a multiplier ranging from 2x to 5x.
This round is connected to the Fishin’ for Gold Bonus. If you caught any symbols in the previous round, they’ll act as wilds during this phase of the game. Wild multipliers increase the value of any winning payline they’re connected to.
You should also keep an eye out for the Gone Fishin’ signs during free spins. If you can collect three such symbols, then you’ll receive two additional spins.
When two bonus symbols appear on the reels, it results in an increase to the Bonus Chance Meter. You’ll also have the option of spinning the wheel at any time to try and trigger the bonus. The more bonus symbols you collect, the greater your chance of triggering the bonus.
Fishin’ for Gold is a fun option for Internet punters on a budget. With a maximum wager of $25 per spin, you don’t have to worry about draining your account in a matter of minutes.
The bonus round provides a nice change of pace, and the symbols are both colourful and amusing. However, it would’ve been nice if iSoftBet included the return-to-player percentage. As it stands, there’s no way to know if the game falls above or below the industry average. Still, it’s worth a try, especially if you live in an area where the temperatures frequently falls below freezing.
If you’d like to read more about available pokies, take a look at these in-depth reviews: