Fishin Reels Pokie Review
Cast your line, crack open a beer, and pass the day while enjoying the laid-back hobby of fishing. That’s the theme of Fishin’ Reels, the new 10-line virtual pokie from Pragmatic Play.
If you’d like to know more, keep reading for my in-depth look at the game.
Return to Player
The return-to-player percentage of this game is 96.5%. That means, on average, you can expect to win back $96.50 for every $100 wagered. That’s about average for a virtual pokie, but it’s superior to land-based versions.
Pragmatic Play rates the volatility of their games on a scale of one to five lightning bolts. In this case, Fishin Reels has a five-bolt rating, which is the highest.
So what does this mean? Well, don’t expect traditional wins to occur as often, although you’ll have a better chance of hitting large wins closer together.
This pokie has 40 different options for wagers. The lowest is $0.10, while the highest is $100. That should accommodate most punters, whether they’re high rollers or working with a limited bankroll.
Where to Play the Game
In order to try this game, you’ll need to locate an online casino carrying pokies from Pragmatic Play. For Australian punters, I recommend Woo Casino, 7 Reels Casino, or Winward Casino.
Fishin Reels Paytable
The paytable provides a rundown of symbols and their values, so it’s one of the most important elements of any online pokie. Just keep in mind that payouts change based on how much the player is risking.
In the examples below, I’m using a wager of $50 per spin.
- Diamond and Club – These poker symbols pay $25 for three matches, $100 for four, and $500 for five.
- Heart and Spade – Valued at $25 for three matches, $100 for four, and $750 for five.
- Snorkelling Fins and Goggles – These underwater accessories pay $50 for three, $250 for four, and $1000 for five.
- Starfish – This echinoderm pays $75 for three matches, $500 for four, and $1500 for five.
- Lobster – Worth $100 for three matches, $625 for four, and $2000 for five.
- Frog – Valued at $125 for three, $750 for four, and $2500 for five.
- Fish – The namesake of the game, this underwater denizen pays $25 for two matches, $250 for three, $1000 for four, and $5000 for five.
- Fisherman – Only appears during the free spins bonus round.
- Wild – This symbol appears on reels two through four. As the wild, it substitutes for all symbols except the bonus, fisherman, and fish money icons.
- Bonus – Appears on all reels. Three or more trigger the free spin feature.
Free Spins Bonus
This feature triggers when three or more bonus symbols land on the reels. The number of free spins depend on how many bonus icons are present.
- 3 Bonus Symbols – 10 Free Spins
- 4 Bonus Symbols – 12 Free Spins
- 5 Bonus Symbols – 15 Free Spins
At this point, you’ll have two gameplay options to choose from. These include:
Reel It In – In this option, a dozen different fish money symbols can appear on the screen. Each symbol has a random value attached, from free spins to a 250x multiplier.
Watch for the Fisherman symbol, which only appears on reel five. If this icon appears, all fish money symbols on the screen are reeled in and combined. By getting a symbol with free spins, it’s also possible to earn extra turns on the bonus.
The Big Catch – During this option, watch for the Big Catch symbol to randomly land on top of other symbols. When three or more Big Catch symbols appear, the player receives two additional free spins. At this point, a mini-game also triggers.
During the mini bonus, you’ll see an assortment of eight different fish. Each one has a value ranging from 2x to 250x. If you win, one of the fish is selected at random and awarded to you (along with its multiplier).
If you enjoy fishing, then Fishin’ Reels is a must-play. For anyone else, though, there’s nothing here that you can’t live without. The average RTP and enjoyable bonus rounds are definite selling points, but you can also locate more profitable options.
For more reviews of poker machines, I suggest the following: