Festive Indulgence Pokie Review
Festive Indulgence is the latest Christmas-themed pokie to be released from Microgaming. It features a straightforward approach, with nine paylines and a free spins bonus.
A Holiday Tradition
Christmas pokies and Microgaming have a long history together. The company has been cranking out these games for years, and they show no signs of slowing down.
The same also goes for other holidays and observances. For example, the Halloween pokie is one of my favourites. Not only does it cover a fun holiday, but it also pays tribute to the John Carpenter cinematic classic.
Return to Player
Expressed as a percentage, the RTP (“return to player”) indicates the expected payback for a pokie. This percentage fluctuates over the short term, but it holds true over thousands of spins. Since there’s more competition online, virtual pokies tend to have higher RTPs than land-based machines.
The RTP for Festive Indulgence is listed as 96.1%. That means you’ll receive (on average) $96.10 for every $100 wagered. This is in line with the industry average for Internet pokies.
Festive Indulgence Paytable
This section takes a detailed look at the paytable for the Festive Indulgence pokie. Payouts vary based on the size of your wager. In the following examples, let’s assume the player is risking $2.25 per spin.
- Nine – This icon appears to be made out of gingerbread. It pays $0.50 for two matches, $1.25 for three, $6.25 for four, and $25 for five.
- Queen, Jack, Ten – More gingerbread symbols. Each one is worth $1.25 for three matches, $6.25 for four, and $25 for five.
- King – This gingerbread icon is decorated with red ribbons and candy canes. Payouts include $1.25 for three matches, $12.50 for four, and $31.25 for five.
- Ace – Made of gingerbread, it also has Christmas presents stacked around it. This symbol pays $2.50 for three matches, $12.50 for four, and $31.25 for five.
- Golden Bells – You can almost hear these bells ringing out with holiday cheer. When part of a winning payline, they’re worth $2.50 for three matches, $12.50 for four, and $62.50 for five.
- Holiday Cake – This delicious Christmas treat pays $2.50 for three matches, $18.75 for four, and $62.50 for five.
- Turkey – This holiday meal sits in front of a crackling fireplace. It pays $3.75 for three matches, $25 for four, and $100 for five.
- Female Elf – This adorable elf pays $0.50 for two matches, $6.25 for three, $25 for four, and $187.50 for five.
- Santa Claus – This jolly personification of Christmas pays $0.75 for two matches, $6.25 for three, $25 for four, and $187.50 for five.
- Wild Wreath – The game’s wild symbol pays $2.50 for two matches, $50 for three, $500 for four, and $2,500 for five.
- Christmas Present – This top icon is worth $4.50 for two matches, $11.25 for three, $45 for four, and $1,125 for five.
Free Spins Bonus
Like most modern pokies, Festive Indulgence has a bonus round with free spins. The most important symbol for this phase is the Christmas present, as it serves as the scatter.
When three to five scatters appear on the reels, the player receives 15 free spins. These games take place immediately, and they use the same wager as the triggering amount.
During the bonus round, all wins are tripled. You can also re-trigger the bonus by getting another three to five scatters during a spin.
Wild Symbol Wins
The game’s wild symbol substitutes for any icon except the scatter. In addition, all wild wins pay double.
Finding Festive Indulgence
To enjoy this game, just look for any online casino carrying Microgaming titles. While there are plenty to choose from, Joe Fortune remains my favourite due to their selection and reputation.
While competitors like Realtime Gaming also design Christmas pokies, Microgaming still leads the pack. From new games like Festive Indulgence to older titles such as Happy Holidays, they continually offer quality options for Aussie punters. Sure, this latest release won’t set the world on fire, but it’ll provide a fun and profitable way to pass the time.