Dragon Stone – New Pokie of the Week
The Dragon Stone online pokie debuted in August of 2019. Developed by iSoftBet, it offers 20 paylines with a minimum bet of $0.01 and a maximum of $20. If you like dragons and fantasy settings, keep reading for my in-depth review of the game.
Where to Play Dragon Stone
While iSoftBet isn’t as common as Microgaming, it can still be found in a number of casinos. However, Aussies seem to have a more limited selection. In my research, I only found iSoftBet available at one reliable casino that caters to Australians.
That casino is Joe Fortune. Luckily, it also offers games from four other developers, providing you with plenty of gaming choices.
Dragon Stone is a dramatic pokie, filled with grand visuals and sounds. The reels are flanked by the impressive title substance, and the shadow of a dragon flying overhead sometimes darkens the reels. You’ll also be treated to the intimidating roar of a dragon, which sounds quite impressive.
However, I was hoping for more in the way of animation. When the dragon icons are part of a winning payline, it’s not especially impressive.
Return to Player
This percentage measures the amount of money a player can expect to get back. For example, a 95% RTP means that (theoretically) the player should receive back $95 for every $100 wagered. Keep in mind, though, that this percentage can vary a great deal in the short term. Over many thousand spins, however, it should prove true.
Dragon Stone Pay Table
The payouts for the Dragon Stone pokie are listed in coins. All payouts are multiplied by the selected coin value. The results listed below are for the maximum wager of $20 per spin (or $1 per coin). Therefore, a win of 100 coins would be worth $100.
- Ten – This traditional poker symbol pays 4 coins for 3 matches, 10 for 4, and 50 for 5.
- Jack – Pays 6 coins for 3 matches, 15 for 4, and 70 coins for 5.
- Queen – This poker icon is worth 8 coins for 3 matches, 40 for 4, and 100 for 5.
- King – The values for this symbol include 10 coins for 3 matches, 60 for 4, and 150 for 5.
- Ace – Pays 20 coins for 3 matches, 80 for 4, and 200 for 5.
- Wind Dragon – With its massive beak, this dragon roams the sky in search of prey. It pays 20 coins for 3 matches, 80 for 4, and 250 for 5.
- Earth Dragon – This green monstrosity prefers to stay in contact with the ground, although it’s more than capable of flying. It pays 40 coins for 3 matches, 100 for 4, and 300 for 5.
- Ice Dragon – Found in the world’s most remote regions, this dragon thrives in cold climates and emits icy blasts. It’s worth 40 coins for 3 matches, 150 for 4, and 400 for 5.
- Fire Dragon – This is the most feared of all dragons, as it’s capable of melting any substance with its breath. It’s also the most valuable, paying 40 coins for 3 matches, 200 for 4, and 500 for 5.
Elemental Power Spins
During any spin, there’s a chance that one of the dragons uses their elemental powers on the reels. Here are the options:
- Flaming Wilds – If you like wild symbols, then you’ll love this one. The fire dragon causes fireballs to rain down onto the reels. The resulting explosions leave random wilds behind.
- Ice Storm Spins – Prepare to marvel as winning symbols are frozen in place. The reels spin again, awarding more wins and spins for matches with the frozen icon.
- Earthquake Reels – Watch as massive boulders rise up from the bottom of the screen. These turn whole reels wild, resulting in greater winnings.
- Winds of Winnings – A magical wind blows a mystery symbol onto the reels. This replaces other symbols to create new winning combinations.
This is a welcome feature, as it increases the excitement level of every spin. The best I can tell, these random features take the place of more traditional bonus rounds.
Dragon Stone Free Spins
The Dragon Stone symbol serves as the game’s scatter. If three or more turn up, then free spins will be awarded to the player.
- 3 Symbols = 10 free spins
- 4 Symbols = 15 free spins
- 5 Symbols = 20 free spins
There’s also a cool feature right before the free spins begin. One of the four elements (earth, air, cold, fire) is selected at random. For the duration of the free spins, expect to see its accompanying dragon show up more often.
You’ll need a fast connection speed in order for this game to function properly. If your connection drags, expect the reels to spin unusually slow and everything else to move at a snail’s pace.
The Dragon Stone pokie is average in a lot of ways, but it’s still worth a look. The payouts are generous, the theme is original, and the random feature is exciting. If you’re into fantasy worlds, then bump it up a few spots.