Demi Gods II – 15 Line Edition
Welcome to our Game of the Week feature, where we look at new online pokies available for the Australian market. This week’s title is Demi Gods II, a long-time favourite from the designers at Spinomenal. However, unlike previous versions of the game, this one offers 15 paylines.
Finding the Game
Demi Gods II can be played at any online casino offering games from Spinomenal. I recommend Joe Fortune Casino, especially since it also has games from Rival, RTG, Microgaming, and iSoftBet. It’s also available in a mobile gaming format, allowing you to gamble whenever (and wherever) you want.
Size of Wagers
All 15 paylines are active for each spin. The lowest available wager is $0.01 per line, for a total of $0.15 per spin. Meanwhile, the most ambitious bet is $10 per payline, for a total of $150. This provides a nice range of wagers, regardless of the size of your bank account.
The theoretical return describes the long-term expected payback percentage of a pokie. The theoretical return on Demi Gods II is 95.1%, which is lower than many online pokies. You can still rack up some big wins, but don’t expect them to occur as often.
Graphics and Audio
The graphics and audio are a major selling point of Demi Gods II. The images of the Greek gods are striking, and the music is suitably dramatic. Aphrodite especially stands out, showing plenty of leg and a well-toned behind.
Demi Gods II Paytable
This section lists all the available symbols on the Demi Gods II paytable. The amount of each prize is determined by the size of the player’s wager for that spin.
- Olympus – This symbol represents the legendary home of the Greek gods. Three matches pay 20x the player’s wager, while four matches are worth 60x. Get five matches, and you’ll receive a payout worth 150x.
- Zeus – This is the king of the Greek gods, as well as the god of thunder and the sky. He pays 15x for three matches, 55x for four, and 120x for five.
- Aphrodite – This symbol represents Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, beauty, passion, and pleasure. She pays 15x for three matches, 50x for four, and 100x for five.
- Ares – The Greek god of war is present on this symbol. It pays 15x for three matches, 45x for four, and 95x for five matches.
- Hades – This symbol represents the Greek god of the dead and king of the underworld. Three matches pay 15x, while four are worth 40x. The top payout comes with five matches, which is worth 90x.
- Ace – The ace is the highest poker value present in this game. Three matches pay 12x, while four are worth 35x. Five matches offer a payout worth 80x the original wager.
- King – This playing card value pays 10x for three matches, 30x for four, and 75x for five.
- Queen – Winning combinations of this symbol include 10x for three matches, 20x for four, and 60x for five.
- Jack – This unexceptional pokie icon pays 7x for three matches, 15x for four, and 50x for five.
- Ten – This symbol is frequently used as filler in pokies. Payouts include 7x for three matches, 15x for four, and 40x for five.
The game’s two wild symbols count as any symbol except free spins. Five wild symbols on a line offer a payout worth 150x the player’s bet.
This feature is only available during the base game. When the reels are spinning, watch for a random win multiplier to appear. When this occurs, wins can be multiplied by 2x or 3x.
Free Spin Features
The free spin feature is triggered when three or more scatters appear during the base game. Each time this feature is unlocked, you’ll advance across a map of Olympus. In addition, you’ll trigger a different free spins mode. These include the following (in order of appearance):
- Hades – This mode features moving reels. After each win, a free re-spin moves all reels one space to the right. A new reel then appears on the far left of the screen.
- Aphrodite – During this mode, an Aphrodite wild moves from left to right across the reels. The wild substitutes for any symbol except a free spin. Five wilds pay 150x the player’s original wager.
- Ares – When the Ares wild appears, it expands to fill the whole reel. The wild substitutes for all icons expect free spins, and five such symbols pay 150x.
- Zeus – As the reels spin, watch for three to six wilds to appear. Only low symbols appear during this mode, and wilds substitute for everything except free spins. Six wilds pay 200x the player’s initial wager.
If you’re impatient, you can buy a free spins round instead of waiting for it to trigger naturally. You’ll get to choose the size of your wager, and this helps determine the purchase price. This is an excellent option for players with some extra cash to spend.
The 15-payline version of Demi Gods II is a fun addition to anyone’s list of favourite slots. I’m especially pleased with the multiple free spin modes and the ability to buy into them. The only major downside is the low RTP percentage, which could definitely be a turn-off for some. For mythology lovers, I suggest pairing this with pokies about the Trojan War.