Cowboys Gold Pokie Review
Step into the American West in the late 1800s with Cowboys Gold, the latest virtual pokie from Pragmatic Play. This game is filled with bandits and bushwhackers, as well as five reels, 10 paylines, and a top payout worth 6,065x your wager.
Have you been searching for a new gaming option? If so, load your pistol, saddle up your horse, and check out the following review.
Cowboys Gold offers 36 wagering options for the player. Low rollers should enjoy the small amounts such as $0.10, $0.20, and $0.30. For those in the medium range, wagers such as $10, $15, and $20 should work well. If you consider yourself a high roller, then don’t forget to try the upper bets of $80, $90, and $100.
I’ve always been partial to pokies with a variety of wagers, and this certainly falls into that category. No matter what the state of my bankroll, I can find a betting option to meet my needs.
Pragmatic Play rates this pokie with four out of a possible five lightning bolts. This means the game is fairly volatile, which should result in less frequent payouts. However, there’s also a better chance of big wins coming close together, so it’s a trade-off.
Return to Player
Also known as “RTP,” this percentage measures the long-term payout potential of a poker machine. If a game has an RTP for 93%, for example, then the average payout will be $93 for every $100 wagered.
The RTP for Cowboys Gold is 96.5%. This is a perfectly respectable percentage for an online game, and it’s better than what you’ll find on pokies at your local brick-and-mortar casino.
Cowboys Gold Pay Table
This section features all the symbols found on the basic reels, as well as their payout values. Please keep in mind that prizes change to reflect the player’s wager, so bigger risks inevitably lead to bigger rewards.
For the examples below, I’ve assumed a wager of $20 per spin. If that’s out of your range, then feel free to make a smaller bet (your bank account will thank you later).
- Jack and Queen – These smallest available poker icons pay $10 for three matches, $20 for four, and $50 for five.
- King and Ace – These poker symbols are worth $10 for three matches, $50 for four, and $100 for five.
- Cowboy – There are seven cowboy icons, and three of them depict the characters with a bandana pulled over their faces. Any combination of cowboy symbols results in a payout of $20 for three matches, $100 for four, and $200 for five.
- Spur – This tool for speeding up a horse pays $40 for three, $200 for four, and $400 for five.
- Bottle of Whiskey – Valued at $50 for three matches, $200 for four, and $500 for five.
- Six Shooter – This classic firearm is worth $60 for three matches, $300 for four, and $1000 for five.
- Gold Horseshoe – Representing good fortune, this symbol pays $10 for two matches, $100 for three, $400 for four, and $1500 for five.
- Bonus – This skull wearing a cowboy hat is the game’s bonus icon. It only appears on reels two through four, but getting three of them triggers the bonus round.
- Renegade – Triggers the Money Collect Feature.
- Wild – Appearing on all reels, this icon substitutes for all symbols except the Bonus and Renegade.
Money Collect Feature
When cowboy symbols land on the reels, you’ll notice that each one has a multiplier listed in the corner of the icon. These multipliers range from 1x to 100x the total bet.
Watch for the Renegade symbol on reel five. This looks like a man in a brown cowboy hat, but his face is concealed by a red bandana. When he appears, the money value of all cowboy icons on the screen are added together and then paid.
Free Spins Feature
To trigger this round, you’ll either need three Bonus symbols or a Renegade symbol and any number of Bonus icons. This activates the round and awards the player with 10 free spins.
The bonus round can be retriggered up to three times. This is accomplished by getting three Bonus symbols or a Renegade icon and any number of Bonus symbols.
Each retrigger adds five more spins. There’s also a multiplier which begins at 1x, and it increases as follows:
- First Retrigger – 2x
- Second Retrigger – 3x
- Third Retrigger – 5x
The bonus continues until all free spins have been exhausted. At this point, winnings are added up and paid to the player.
Like most pokies from Pragmatic Play, Cowboys Gold is a quality game. Not only does it offer a strong visual element, but it has plenty of bells and whistles to keep your attention.
Many games would offer a free spin bonus and call it a day. However, this pokie also includes the Money Collect feature, and I’m a sucker for anything with a multiplier.
The payouts for regular wins are also impressive. Coupled with a strong RTP, this option should work best when put into a rotation with a few other titles.
If you’re in search of new pokies to try, be sure to see the following: