Christmas Pokies from Microgaming
The holiday season is a time for giving gifts, spending time with relatives, and reflecting on the past year. It’s also a great time for punting, and the people at Microgaming have created a number of Christmas-themed pokies for just this purpose. Whether you’re looking to pay off the gifts you bought or just find an excuse to avoid your in-laws, these holiday slots should help.
This five-reel holiday slot features 1,024 different ways to win. The RTP is a respectable 96.32%.
During gameplay, there are eight different features to aim for. These include the following:
- Mystery Multiplier – Adds 5x or 10x multiplier to your wins.
- Wild Reels – Up to three reels become filled with wild symbols.
- Wild Boost – When activated, any symbol can turn into a wild.
- Scatter Spree – Symbols are transformed into scatters and pay out regardless of position.
- Free Spins – Win five free spins with a 3x multiplier.
- Dashing Wilds – These special icons may take the place of any symbol.
- Rolling Reels – Winning symbols disappear from screen and new icons fall into place from above.
- Five of a Kind Again – Win a special prize by forming a five-of-a-kind combination.
Santa’s Wild Ride
This slot is my favourite Christmas pokie from Microgaming. It has an RTP of 96.47%, a betting range of $0.30 to $7.50, and 243 paylines.
If you’re fortunate enough to activate the Free Spins bonus, you’ll receive 25 complimentary games. Before they begin, however, you’ll also be asked to choose one of three wild features. These include:
- Stacked Wilds – Appears stacked across all reels.
- Expanding Wilds – Can expand to make the entire reel wild.
- Trailing Wilds – Creates a trail of wilds as it slides down the reels.
This slot also has animated elves, a sexy Mrs. Claus, and Santa on a motorcycle. There’s something for everyone, especially if you enjoy a non-traditional Christmas.
Deck the Halls
This festive pokie has 30 paylines and allows wagers from $0.01 to $15. It’s a medium to high variance game, with a listed RTP of 95.38%.
Notable features in this game include:
- Free Spins – Receive ten free spins with all winnings doubled. This feature can also be re-triggered.
- Stacked Symbols – Both the Santa and Deck the Halls icons act as stacked symbols. During free spins, the latter even provides a 4x win multiplier.
This three-reel, five-payline pokie is about as simple as they come. Symbols include bars, red sevens, and mistletoe. However, the big wins come from the bell icons. Depending on number and position, these symbols can be worth anywhere from 1,000x to 5,000x the size of your wager.
Jingle Bells is unsophisticated by modern standards. However, it’s also ideal for those who prefer an uncomplicated punting session.
Differences between Christmas in Australia and America
People celebrate Christmas across the globe, but their festivities can often be decidedly different. In this section, let’s look at some of the ways that the holiday season varies between Oz and the United States.
- Cherries may be a big deal here in Australia, but lots of Americans crave citrus fruit during the holiday season. Favourites include oranges, mandarins, and clementines.
- During December, Americans love to bundle up. Ugly Christmas sweaters are also a thing. Remember, it may be summer here in Australia, but our friends up north are busy suffering through winter.
- There’s no such thing as Boxing Day in the U.S. They also don’t care for cricket, although there’s plenty of college football being shown on the telly.
- In North America, Santa Claus is depicted in a red fleece suit with black boots. That’s a far cry from the jolly fat man in board shorts and a singlet.
- In the USA, you’ll get to see actual snowmen during the holidays. Here, the best we can muster is a sandman down at the beach.
- Americans prefer traditional chocolate cakes, gingerbread, and cookies of every kind. Too bad that they’ve never heard of Pavlova.
- In the USA, it’s customary to kiss someone if you’re both standing under mistletoe. These plants are often hung over thresholds during parties for just that reason.
- Christmas meals in American often centre on turkey and dressing, or maybe some ham. Sadly, there are usually no prawns in sight.
If you just can’t get enough of pokies, here are some other suggested articles from our site:
- Boom Pirates Pokie Review
- Best Egyptian Pokies from Microgaming
- Best Sexy Pokies
- 6 Best Wizard of Oz Pokies