Blirix Workshop Pokie Review
Blirix is an eccentric potion-maker, and the place where he does his work is known as Blirix Workshop (which is also the name of this pokie). You’ll be assisting the diminutive magician in his experiments, and, with any luck, you’ll earn some nice cash prizes in the process.
Various spells can increase your payouts (up to 7000x your stake), and there’s also a bonus round to look forward to. Wagers range from $0.20 to $50, making it ideal for low and medium rollers. If you’d like to learn more about this five-reel poker machine, please keep reading.
Finding Blirix Workshop
Before you can play Blirix Workshop, you’ll need to find an online casino that offers games from Iron Dog Studio. It’s a smaller design firm, so your options may be limited. However, Aussies can try it at Woo Casino, which is an excellent option with lots of games and reliable customer service.
Level of Volatility
This pokie is rated as having a medium-high volatility. That means wins aren’t as common as on some games, but you’ll have a better chance of stringing together large payouts.
Return to Player Percentage
The RTP for the game is 96.14%, which means you’ll win an average of $96.14 for every $100 you wager. That’s about average for an online pokie, but it’s better than what’s offered by land-based casinos.
Blirix Workshop Paytable
This section of the review lists the game’s symbols and their payout values. To calculate winnings, multiply the stake by the multiplier shown in the paytable. Then, divide it by the number of winning lines.
- Clubs and Diamonds – These stylized versions of classic poker symbols are difficult to distinguish. However, both pay 6 for three matches, 15 for four, and 30 for five.
- Spades and Hearts – These symbols look like bizarre gems, and they pay 8 for three matches, 20 for four, and 40 for five.
- Lantern – This source of illumination has multipliers worth 10 for three matches, 40 for four, and 80 for five.
- Hourglass – A device for telling time, the hourglass has multipliers of 20 for three matches, 80 for four, and 160 for five.
- Potion Pouch – Includes modifiers of 25 for three matches, 100 for four, and 200 for five.
- Pipe – This bizarre pipe has modifiers of 40 for three matches, 150 for four, and 300 for five.
- Blirix – This is the game’s scatter symbol. When three or more appear on the reels, the player receives from 10 to 20 free spins.
- Smiling Plant – A product of Blirix’s experiments, this sentient plant substitutes for all non-special symbols. If it lands on the bottom row, it expands to cover the entire reel.
- Book of Potions – This icon substitutes for all non-special symbols. It’s normally confined to reel three, but that changes during the Cauldron feature. When this icon turns up, the Book of Potions feature is triggered.
Each spell has a rating from one to four stars, with four stars being the most effective. Basic spells are those with one to three stars. They include:
- Yellow Flystorm – Two to four insects land on the reels and convert symbols to wilds.
- Purple Flystorm – Three to five insects land on the reels, converting all symbols into the same icon.
- Win Multiplier – Provides a win multiplier of x2, x3, or x4.
- Add Wilds – Adds anywhere from one to three wilds. If located on the bottom row, these wilds expand.
Three or more scatter symbols reward free spins according to the following table:
- Three Scatters = 10 Free Spins
- Four Scatters = 15 Free Spins
- Five Scatters = 20 Free Spins
During the freespins phase, you can also earn additional spins by getting more Blirix icons. These include:
- Three Scatters = 5 Free Spins
- Four Scatters = 10 Free Spins
- Five Scatters = 15 Free Spins
On every free spin, three symbols from the middle reel are deposited into the cauldron. When 15 symbols have been collected (every five spins), the player gets a Cauldron Combo Bonus Board. When this occurs, a new board is created from the 15 collected symbols. By the way, I’d like to point out that I’ve never seen a pokie offer this feature before, so I’ll give it extra marks for that.
Book of Potions
The book symbol is wild, and it casts a spell for each book icon on the reels. During regular play, this symbol only appears on reel three.
During the free spin bonus, the book symbol can trigger extra 4th-level spells that can:
- Add +1 to the global modifier.
- Award five additional spins.
- Add multiple wild symbols to the cauldron.
- Converts low-ranking symbols in the cauldron into more profitable icons.
Blirix Workshop has lots of bells and whistles to keep the player entertained. However, the RTP is just average for an online game, so you may be able to find more lucrative options. Still, it provides decent gameplay and some unique opportunities, so it’s worth adding to your list.
For more poker machine reviews, make sure to look at the following: