Big Bass Bonanza Pokie Review
Designed by Reel Kingdom and powered by Pragmatic Play, Big Bass Bonanza is a five-reel, 10-payline pokie. Even better, it has a bonus feature that offers rising multipliers and a trio of re-triggers.
For more information on this game, please see the following review.
There are multiple betting possibilities for this game, with a low of $0.10 and a high of $250. The game is suitable for most players, although some high rollers may still turn up their noses.
Big Bass Bonanza Paytable
In this section, it’s time to look at the reel symbols and their attached payouts. Please note that prizes vary based on the player’s wager, which means bigger risks carry larger rewards. In the examples below, I’m assuming a wager of $25 per spin.
- Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and Ten – All the game’s poker symbols offer the same payout. These include $12.50 for three matches, $62.50 for four, and $250 for five.
- Fish – These symbols depict various kinds of fish. When part of a winning line, they pay $25 for three matches, $125 for four, and $500 for five.
- Tackle Box and Dragonfly – These icons both have a value of $50 for three matches, $250 for four, and $1250 for five.
- Rod & Reel – This symbol pays $75 for three matches, $375 for four, and $2500 for five.
- Lure – The image of an artificial lure is worth $12.50 for two matches, $125 for three, $500 for four, and $5000 for five.
- Big Bass – This image depicts a large bass being pulled out of the water. The icon appears on all reels, and it also serves as the scatter. If three or more land on the reels at the same time, then the bonus round is triggered.
- Smiling Fisherman – Holding a large fish in his hands, this angler is smiling from ear to ear. This is the game’s wild symbol, and it substitutes for all icons except the scatter. Oddly, this symbol isn’t available on the base reels (it appears during the bonus round).
Various fish represent the money symbols, and they have a random cash value assigned during a spin. While the cash value doesn’t matter during base spins, it does when wild icons turn up during the bonus round.
Free Spin Round
This bonus triggers when three or more scatters land on the reels at the same time. The number of free spins depends on the number of scatters.
- Three Scatters = 10 Free Spins
- Four Scatters = 15 Free Spins
- Five Scatters = 20 Free Spins
If a wild icon appears during a free spin, it collects all the values from any money symbols currently visible.
The game keeps track of the number of wilds that land during the bonus. Each time you reach four wilds, the following happens:
- The feature is retriggered.
- The player receives 10 additional free spins.
- A bonus multiplier is added for money collection. Depending on the number of re-triggers, this can be 2x, 3x, or 10x.
During the bonus, the maximum win amount is limited to 2,100x the player’s wager. If you’re fortunate enough to reach this amount, then the round ends and all remaining spins are forfeited.
The volatility of this game is rated four out of five lightning bolts. This makes it a high volatility game, which means it pays out less often than average. However, the chances of hitting multiple big wins within a short time span is greater.
The RTP (“return to player”) percentage of this game is 96.71%. This means that for every $100 wagered on the game, you’ll get back an average of $96.71. Of course, the RTP can fluctuate wildly in the short-term, so please keep that in mind.
The return-to-player percentage for Big Bass Bonanza is slightly higher than normal for an online pokie. Even if everything else was awful (which it isn’t), this would make it worth trying.
Like most pokies from Pragmatic Play, Big Bass Bonanza is worth checking out. The RTP is superior to most games, and that’s the biggest selling point in my book. Also, the bonus round provides some strong payouts, especially when the money multipliers come into play.
If you enjoy reading poker machine reviews, I suggest that you peruse the following: