Back to Venus Pokie Review
Back to Venus is the latest online pokie release from BetSoft. It features 20 paylines, multiple bonus features, and a lighthearted alien invasion theme. If you’re interested in giving it a try, be sure to learn more by reading the following review.
Betting is a snap on Back to Venus. Just scroll through the list of wagers and pick the option that’s most appropriate for your bankroll.
There are 11 different bets to choose from. The smallest is $0.20 per spin, while the largest is worth $21. As you may have noticed, this makes the game best-suited for players on a limited budget.
Finding Back to Venus
Back to Venus can be found at any online casino that carries games from BetSoft. For Australian gamblers, some of the more appealing options include Johnny Kash, Pokies Parlour, PlayAmo, Kahuna, and Casino Chan. I can recommend all of the above, although I’m partial to Johnny Kash at the moment.
Paytable for Back to Venus
In this section, we’ll take a look at the various symbols available on the reels of Back to Venus. Keep in mind that only the highest win per line is paid, although coinciding wins on different lines are added together.
Payouts are dynamically reflected, which means they change depending on the size of the player’s wager. In the examples below, let’s assume the player is risking $6 per spin.
- Queen and Jack – This traditional poker symbols pay $1.50 for three matches, $3 for four, and $6 for five.
- King and Ace – These highest poker cards are worth $1.50 for three matches, $4.50 for four, and $9 for five.
- Tentacle Shed, Alien Flora, and Crop Circles – Each of these three icons represents signs of an extraterrestrial incursion. When part of a winning payline, they’re worth $3 for three matches, $9 for four, and $18 for five.
- Cattle Abduction – This symbol depicts a helpless cow being pulled into the air by an alien tractor beam. It pays $4.50 for three matches, $12 for four, and $24 for five.
- Living Plant – Despite its big teeth, this sentient plant looks a lot like the creature from Little Shop of Horrors. It pays $6 for three matches, $18 for four, and $36 for five.
- Small Town Astronaut – When aliens come calling, sometimes the only reasonable course of action is to throw on a homemade spacesuit and kick some outer space butt. This backwoods cosmonaut is worth $9 for three matches, $30 for four, and $90 for five.
Sticky Asteroid Wilds
During any spin, one of these icons may fly onto the reels. When it does, it can substitute for any symbol besides the rocketship. These icons can appear on reels two through five, and they stick in place for two spins.
They first appear as asteroids wrapped in alien vines. Then, when they’re one spin away from disappearing, the vines go away to leave only the image of an asteroid.
Prickly Sticky and Respin
Each time a spin doesn’t result in a winning combo, there’s a chance that this feature will come into play. When it does, one symbol is chosen at random (except poker icons, asteroid, and rocketship).
Once the random symbol has been selected by the game, it launches into a series of respins. During this phase, the chosen symbol will stick to the reels. Standard payouts are also possible, but the respins continue until the player gets a win with the randomly-selected symbol.
Flowering Wild Boost
This feature can trigger during any non-winning spin. When this happens, the player earns a respin. Also, there’s a greater chance of asteroid wilds showing up, although they won’t be sticky.
The rocketship can’t appear during the wild boost phase. Also, the feature can’t trigger if sticky asteroids are currently located on the reels.
Free Spins Feature
The free spins bonus appears when three or more rocketship symbols appear on the reels. This symbol is available on reels two through five.
When three rocketship icons appear, the player is awarded 10 free spins. All asteroid wilds become sticky with an increased chance for additional wilds.
If four symbols appear, the player gets 10 free spins. Sticky asteroid wilds are present, and there’s also a chance for multiplier wilds.
Back to Venus is an awesome game filled with loads of fun bonus options. The payouts are respectable, and the low wager limits are perfect for punters on a budget. The music and graphics are also solid, and it seems like the kind of poker machine that director Tim Burton might create. All in all, it’s another solid creation from the folks at BetSoft.
For more pokie reviews, I suggest taking a look at the following: